11. Interior Designing Abilities

│C H A P T E R   1 1 │

With the slow ticking of a clock, Taehyung and Jeongguk pulled away at the speed of light.

Before they could recollect themselves, the door opened and in walked Jimin who stopped in his tracks as soon as his eyes met with the scene before him. The tune he was whistling dragged out and eventually met with an end.

"What the actual fuck in going on?" Jimin spoke, his words slow and hesitant. This seemed to break the tension in the room and the two struggled to get up, repelling from each other but to no avail. The ladder remained stoic on top of Jeongguk. After a few collective groans, struggles and really awkward eye contacts, they managed to separate.

Jeongguk heaved himself up with a forced smile and stuttered a few words under his breath, along the lines of, 'I need to water my pigeons excuse me', and left the room in a few stumbled steps.

Taehyung remained still in his position for a few seconds, before recollecting himself. He brushed off his attire with the back of his hand and sat back down in his chair while Jimin stared, confused beyond words.

"He fell." Taehyung spoke, his eyes not leaving the lines of the book.

"And you kissed him for it? While fondLING ON THE FLOOR, SIRE?"

Taehyung shut his book with a loud bang at this remark. His eyes snapped to Jimin's with an angry glare.

"Jimin, he fell onto me. It was an accident. Can't you connect the dots?" Taehyung sat up from his seat before walking past Jimin, shoulders lightly brushing as he muttered, "Tsk I thought you were smarter than this."

***

Dinner was... awkward to say the least.

The trio was surprisingly quiet except for a few of Jeongguk's failed jokes, which included yelling 'IT'S FUCKING RAW' at the shrimp dish Jimin had prepared and a few smacks in return. Taehyung would ask Jeongguk to pass a dish and Jeongguk would drop everything to hand it over, his head hung as he avoided eye contact at all costs.

This was strange. Because usually Jeongguk yelled at Taehyung to get it on his own and proceeded to call him lazy which resulted in sighs from Taehyung with an occasional flick on the forehead.

Their utensils clinked against their plates as they sat in a few minutes of suffocating silence. Jeongguk glared at his plate, zoned out as Jimin glanced at him from time to time wondering, if maybe, that little shit was silently insulting his magnificent, show-stopping dish or maybe that extra pinch of salt was too much.

Jeongguk on the other hand, was not aware of where he was. His mind kept replaying the scene from before over and over again. Even though Jeongguk appeared to be somewhat calm on the outside (if you choose to ignore the fact that he was now unconsciously staring at his crotch area, confusing the other two at the dinner table), inside, his brain was a havoc.

Although the kiss lasted for merely a second, it awakened something in Jeongguk-

His inner sex demon.

Okay no, I'm kidding.

Maybe it's because it was Jeongguk's first kiss.

The feather-like feeling still lingered long after and Jeongguk couldn't stop the smile creeping onto his lips.

"Jeongguk, you really need to stop doing that."

Taehyung's voice broke Jeongguk out of trance as his eyes shifted to Taehyung's.

"Huh?"

"You were smirking strangely while staring at your own crotch. It was getting concerning, Jeon, I simply had to say something." Taehyung spoke before getting up from his seat and walking away with Yeontan yapping at his feet.