17. Ew, Emotions

│C H A P T E R   1 7│

"Jeongguk, calm down, it's not that deep. I'll get you some skittles next time I go back to Earth okay?"

Jeongguk mumbled something under his breath as the trio continued to pick up the groceries that were now all over the place as a cause of Jeongguk's mini mental breakdown.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

"The only thing that's deep is your grave when I muRDER YOU WITH THIS ASPARAGUS BITCH-"

Jeongguk cried out, shoving one singular asparagus that he had managed to get to his hands, towards Jimin. Taehyung laughed as he watched the bickering duo in front of him.

Jimin was about to break apart a lettuce when Taehyung decided to jump in.

"Okay, Jimin? You better drop the lettuce and JeonggUK PUT THAT DOWN." Taehyung snapped. "You two are playing with food here while Jeff, somewhere around the world is starving."

"Wait- what's this?" Jeongguk's voice spoke out and was soon followed by his high pitched laugh. Taehyung looked at the object the younger was holding and raised an eyebrow at the boy who was now grabbing onto his sides as his laughs were now converted into inhumane hyenic laughs.

Jimin and Taehyung shared a look. Concerned. But definitely not surprised.

"C-christmas ornaments?" Jeongguk managed to choke out before bursting into laughter once again. Taehyung rolled his eyes before grabbing the Christmas ornament from the younger's grip.

"You're the devil!" Jeongguk stated after finally sobering up. Taehyung shrugged.

"Oh the irony is so thick I could choke on it. And Jimin how'd you know it's Christmas time?"

"Let's just say I wasn't prepared for the snow."

Jimin, a few meters away, replied as he reached into the bag pulling out more ornaments and Christmas lights. He looked at the collection of ornaments laid on the table and smiled to himself, satisfied.

"Do we have a Christmas tree though? Don't tell me you have shoved in that bag too-"

Jimin reached into the bag with an anticipating smile.

Jeongguk's mouth fell open at the thought of Jimin pulling out a tree from the bag but his smile was slapped off his face when Jimin pulled out his middle finger from inside the bag as he plastered a sickly sweet smile at the younger.

Jeongguk rolled his eyes at his childish actions and looked over at Taehyung awaiting the answer to his question. Taehyung felt his questioning gaze on the back of neck as so he responded,

"We have a tree, Jeon. It's in the storage unit."

***

"We won't have enough ornaments to reach the very top."

"Yes, we will."

"No, we won't."

"Jeongguk, you see these? If you count them, there's a total of ten left, which means if we kept zero point five meter distance between each ornament-"

Jeongguk staggered back, holding his arms up in defense as he glared at Taehyung with offence. Taehyung calmly hung up one more ornament.

"According to my calculations, I don't give a flying fuck. You can chill with the Pythagorus shit. I suck at geometry, makes me wanna cry just thinking about xs and ys."

Taehyung sent a glance at the younger and Jimin (who was having a silent mental breakdown over the tangled string lights) too, did a complete one eighty to look at Jeongguk.