23. Smells Like Lies To Me, Taehyung

│C H A P T E R  2 3 │

"Okay now, put half a cup of flour- bitcH I SAID HALF NOT TWO."

Jeongguk yelled out and Taehyung dismissed him with a flick of his wrist and a click of his tongue. Jeongguk had managed to get his hands on one of Jimin's recipe books and succeeded in dragging Taehyung into the mess. After a few seconds of Jeongguk far-fetched boasting about cracking eggs with one hand, let's just say Taehyung decided to take the initiative after that.

The younger sat on the counter top, swinging his legs to and fro as he glared down at the open book on his lap. He muttered the words under his breath once or twice before glancing benignly at Taehyung with a small 'sorry it was supposed to be one teaspoon not six'.

The devil stood a few inches away from the younger, an apron tied around his torso which Jeongguk couldn't help but coo at the moment he saw him.

"This is going to turn out horrible, isn't it?" Taehyung asked, glancing up at Jeongguk with a smile on his lips. The devil has been smiling far more in the past few weeks than he did before and even though the younger failed to notice, Jimin did.

It made his heart blossom with happiness every time a smile drew on his friend's lips but he couldn't help that persistent ache that came along with it. But Taehyung was happier than he had ever been, and that's all that mattered.

"Yes, but, the experience? You think Jimin would let us in the kitchen ever again?" He inquired a rhetorical question to which both of them knew the distinct answer to. Taehyung sniggered. "You gotta glare at the bright side, Taehyung."

"You mean, look on the bright-"

"No, glare at it."

Taehyung paused his whisking to glare at Jeongguk.

"I don't think that's how the saying goes but sure. And Jeongguk stop licking the spoon."

Jeongguk halted his actions with a pout.

"This is not the only spoon I wanna lick."

Taehyung choked on air as he sent a quick glance at Jeongguk who was smiling victoriously. Taehyung shook his head as he yanked the spoon from Jeongguk's hand ignoring the exaggerated smirk the younger was flashing at him.

"I'll shove this spoon down your throat if you don't shut up-."

"Ooh, kinky."

The baking process carried on for a few more hours, with them momentarily forgetting their task as they proceeded to kiss. Once the cake was done, Jeongguk carefully placed it in the oven and turned around to face Taehyung. The devil stood there, in the process of removing his apron while simultaneously shaking off the flour that had ended up on his hair.

"And now we wait." Jeongguk said and propped himself up to sit on the counter once again. This time Taehyung joined him by his side.

"We should clean up the place before Jimin gets here and smacks both of our asses." Jeongguk announced after a short silence. Taehyung hummed in response as he softly placed his head on Jeongguk's shoulder. Jeongguk smiled to himself, the giddy feeling that hadn't stopped bubbling in his stomach the last few weeks, grew in intensity.

He had noticed how Taehyung was hesitant to touch at the start of their relationship but had grown more comfortable over time. He would pretend to be asleep while Taehyung lightly traced Jeongguk's face from all the way to his eyebrows to his lips every once in a while. He would also pretend not to notice how Taehyung unconsciously traced his fingers over Jeongguk's mid conversation.