1. Welcome To Hell

│ C H A P T E R  1 │

"That son of a bitch." Jeongguk swore as he struggled to get up. Then it hit him. It didn't really hurt that much.

Jeongguk looked at where he landed and saw an old, worn out mattress. A dent was created where he had landed.

Jeongguk brushed off some hair from his eyes as he looked around the place. The area he was standing led to a hallway and this time the walls were a scarlet red.

Jeongguk felt a shiver run down his spine as the eerie silence spread over him like a thick blanket. Jeongguk wrapped his arms around himself as he made his way down the hall, taking small footsteps as he went on.

"Baby shark doo doo doo doo doo doo-" Jungkook began to hum the song to himself in hopes of calming his nerves. He turned the corner of the hallway and suddenly collided into a figure.

"Baby- FUCK!" Jeongguk screeched as he fell backwards, landing on the cold, hard floor.

The figure gazed down at the boy in amusement. He watched as Jeongguk helped himself up, rubbing his butt with a scowl as he did so.

They maintained eye contact and everything froze. It's like two pieces of a heart finally colliding. Jeongguk stared on mesmerized by the red haired boy in front of him. Everything seemed so perfe-

"What. The. Hell. Are you doing here?" The red haired boy growled breaking Jeongguk out of his trance. Jeongguk snickered finding amusement in the sentence the boy spoke.

"Ha good one!" Jeongguk remarked before letting out a cackle. When the former didn't react Jeongguk tried to cover up his laugh with a cough.

"I died, obviously. And I thought you might be lonely here so I wanted to be your friend." Jeongguk announced a little too eagerly. "You must be the devil. I'm Jeongguk."

Jeongguk said holding out his hand which the devil ignored.

"I'm Taehyung. Go back to where you came from. I don't want you here." The devil said his voice surprisingly smooth with a rough edge to it. Jeongguk furrowed his eyebrows as he glared at the red head.

"I can't. I sacrificed my only chance of seeing my family again to meet you and this is how you treat me?" Jeongguk paused. "I want to break up with you!" He remarked, feigning a hurtful expression.

When Taehyung raised a questioning eyebrow Jeongguk spoke, meekly.

"Sorry I always wanted to do that. But seriously dude, be grateful."

Taehyung rolled his eyes with an exaggerated sigh before turning on his heels to walk away back to where he came from. Jeongguk followed silently, letting out an occasional noise of surprise every time they turned a corner.

The only thought that Jeongguk had at that moment was that the corridor was frigging long so Jeongguk decided to chat with the devil.

"So, I heard that you don't know what love feels like?"

Taehyung stiffened but managed to keep his face emotionless. He quickened his steps and Jeongguk ran after him trying to match his footsteps.

"I don't." was the devil's reply. Earning a reply felt like a huge accomplishment to Jeongguk so the younger beamed, flashing his bunny teeth at the devil himself.

Even though the red haired boy had been through the worst of the worst it took all the strength he had not to smile back.

"Wait- I have an idea. Why don't I teach you how to love? I mean, I'm going to be staying here for a while now, aren't I?"

Taehyung didn't respond.

Jeongguk raked his mind, trying to think of some pickup lines. Never did he think that he was going to be using a god damn pickup line on the devil. Jeongguk stepped in front of the devil

"Hey, would you mind giving me a map-" Jeongguk winked and flashed his finger guns at the devil himself. "-to your heart?"

Taehyung glanced at the younger for a second with a blank face before walking around him and continuing down the hall of his castle. Jeongguk quickly turned and ran after Taehyung to walk beside him.

"I'm sorry, but it's just that I got a bit lost-" Jeongguk explained before winking with another set of finger guns. "-in your eyes."

"You're obviously not lost. I told you to follow me so-" Taehyung remarked and Jeongguk sighed at the lack of a sense of humor of the elder. Jeongguk then decided to follow the devil in silence as his idea of bonding with the older was harder than he pictured.

Jeongguk looked down at his feet, marveled by the red marble stone pattern on the ground. His gaze drifted to Taehyung's cape which was creeping behind him. The plain scarlet cloak was attached to Taehyung around his neck with a pin in the shape of a sun. 

Taehyung came to an abrupt stop cause Jeongguk to topple over, his body colliding with Taehyung once again and the younger fell backwards once again.

Taehyung turned around and watched Jeongguk for a while before holding his hand out. Jeongguk blushed before reaching out to grab it but before he could Taehyung pulled it back pointing it at the object next to Jeongguk.

Jeongguk followed Taehyung's gaze and almost whacked himself.

A thyrsus laid next to Jeongguk, placed carefully in a golden box. Jeongguk reached out and grabbed it as he admired the ruby stone that was attached to its head. He handed it over to Taehyung blushing slightly has he did so. Taehyung didn't seem to notice as he snatched it from Jeongguk's grip before knocking on the castle door with it. The knock was so quiet it barely reached Jeongguk's ears.

Jeongguk stood up, staring at Taehyung who was waiting for the door to open.

"What the fuck was that?" Jeongguk said to himself. "That was a knock? Gee I'm pretty sure mortals could hear it, back on earth."

Taehyung turned around to glare at the younger. But before he could say anything the door opened and Jeongguk pushed the devil aside as he invited himself in.

"Damnnnnn boy, you live here alone? Look at those orange velvet curtains, goes soooo well with the red theme you've got going."

Jeongguk said as he walked around the place, his eyes sparkling with curiosity more and more with every step he took.

"Ahem." a voice spoke, causing Jeongguk to turn around.

Another boy was standing next to Taehyung. The first thing Jeongguk noticed was his hair, the blue pigment in his hair stood out so incredibly well among the crimson surroundings.

And the next thing he noticed?

The boy was short as fuck.

A/N

I really don't know where I'm going with this story but I really enjoyed writing this sksksk I'm not really good at writing humor so sorry if this didn't live up to your expectations :,)

Anyways, thank you for reading! <3

edit: 

Hi! It's me from the future akjckc I just dropped by to say re reading through the first few chapters made me want to jump off a cliff :) I'm sorry the chapters are a shorter in the beginning and oof  trust me it gets better as it goes <3

- Amy