14. Don't Let That Red Haired Demon Know, I Think He's Kinda Cute

│C H A P T E R  1 4 │

Jimin walked into the kitchen, his arms crossed as he wrapped himself with a blue silk robe. The sounds of pots and pans rattling reached his ears and he tilted his head in confusion.

Has Yeontan snuck into the kitchen again? That little shit pees everywhere but I can't even do anything, he's too adorable.

A yelp was to be heard but was of a person's. Jimin recognized the voice immediately.

"Jeongguk, what are you doing here?"

Jeongguk screamed, the spatula in his hand almost flying off the surface of the earth before kneeling on the floor, catching his breath was a hand on his heart. Jimin watched the scene unfold, amused.

"Can everyone in this house announCe their presence without givING EVERYONE ELSE CARDIAC ARRESTS?"

Jimin sighed, as he walked over to observe the stove, the pancakes that Jeongguk were making were a little too overcooked judging by the blackened edges. Jimin immediately took matters into his own hands as he picked up the pan and yeeted the pancakes straight into the garbage. Jeongguk stared after him, his mouth open in astonishment.

"All my hardwork-" the raven haired boy muttered as Jimin silently, picked up the pancake batter.

"What are you even doing here, cooking?" Jimin asked as he watched the pancakes cook. Jeongguk sat on the counter, his legs swinging back and forth as he answered with a merry smile.

"I wanted to treat ya'll for a fancy English breakfast but-" he paused. "-I should've mentioned I'm not the best cook."

"I figured."

Jimin flipped the pancake as Jeongguk continued to swing his legs, in an attempt to break the increasingly awkward atmosphere.

"You need help?"

"No."

"You look like you need help-"

"I don't."

Jeongguk hopped off the counter as he watched the blue haired boy, fazed, confused about why he always managed to get on Jimin's last nerve. And so he questioned.

"Why are you always mad at me?" he asked, his voice dropping a few octaves as Jimin let out sarcastic snicker.

"Why not?"

"But why though?"

"Because why not?"

"Why though-"

"I'm not mad at you, Jeongguk. I just always have a bad attitude." Jimin answered, maintaining his rogue approach. "It's just who I am."

Jeongguk nodded, understandingly. The warm undertone Jimin had in his voice proved the truth in his words and Jeongguk could feel the tension rise as Jimin decided to break the silence this time.

"Why did both of you run off the Brotopia castle yesterday? Did something happen?"

Jeongguk stood, uncomfortably fidgeting as he debated whether he should reveal the information about yesterday or not. He decided not to, feeling wronged if he opened up about it. Jimin noticed the hesitance in the younger and came to the conclusion that he would question the devil himself later on.

"You enjoyed the party though?" Jimin asked softly. Jeongguk felt his hopes rise when the devil's companion was growing to be more talkative than before.

"Yeah, that's not what I expected you know. I expected, I don't know. Drunk dancing? Naked hot girls and guys? I don't discriminate-" He added and Jimin rolled his eyes. "Isn't that what you call a party?"