16. God Forsaken Rainbow Droppings

│C H A P T E R  1 6│

"What were you playing?" Jeongguk questioned, walking towards the boy who was still on the ground clinging onto the piano. Taehyung brushed off his outfit as he stood up, clearing his throat. Jeongguk walked over to the piano and opened the fallboard to play a few notes.

The same song Taehyung was playing.

Taehyung's panic state disappeared as soon as he heard the sound of the raven haired boy caressing the keys. Jeongguk stopped playing as soon as he started, leaving the devil to dwell in curiosity.

"It sounds familiar." Jeongguk continued to speak. Taehyung tilted his head slightly, amused.

"It's a pretty old song." Taehyung muttered as the younger boy walked over to the window in the room, overlooking a dark abyss. He glared at the darkness trying to make out what was behind the transparent glass but gave up when he realised the only thing he could see was his own reflection side by side with Taehyung's.

"Yeah, I think I've heard my brother play that before." he started, his lips curving as he smiled at the memory. Taehyung watched him intently unable to decipher the emotion behind the words. "He was a pianist."

When silence fell over the two, the tension began to rise. Jeongguk continued to stroll around the small room unbothered. He was staring steadily at a decorative piece when Taehyung spoke up. Part of him wanted to break the silence and the other half wanted to stop Jeongguk from licking the monuments again. Something, anything to break the silence. At times like this he cursed at himself for not being one of those people who knew the right thing to say at the right time.

"That's nice."

Dammit, Taehyung. You had one job.

"Where did you learn to play the piano though?" the younger questioned. Taehyung's remark went unnoticed and Taehyung sighed in relief, internally. Taehyung didn't mind opening up to him. Jeongguk had proved himself to be trustworthy and to be more precise, Taehyung wanted to spend more time with him.

Wherever he was he managed to take Taehyung's mind off of things. And even though Jeongguk assumed the devil was overlooking his pointless rants, he was hanging on to every word.

Taehyung didn't mind talking when he was with him. Now, that, was a first for the devil.

"He taught me." Jeongguk didn't have to ask who he was. Jeongguk froze immediately and looked at the devil who was now staring out the window through an open crevasse. Their eyes met in the reflections and Jeongguk found himself glancing away, flustered. "He played the piano too, a lot."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to bring it u-"

"It's fine, Jeongguk. It doesn't hurt me to talk about it, like it used to." Taehyung said, turning around to face Jeongguk. Taehyung felt a rush of bravery wash over him and along with the sudden adrenaline rush he added, "Besides, I like talking to you."

Jeongguk's eyes widened a fraction as he struggled to contain his progressively increasing heartbeat. Taehyung too, was looking around the room, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

Jeongguk walked over to the piano as he started to talk again. He sat down on the seat.

While Taehyung was busy playing the piano with his eyes closed, the younger boy was at the door banging his head on it as he the temporarily unforgotten memories of his extremely embarrassing actions when he was drunk some time ago, came into mind.

Why- Jeongguk I know you're touch deprived but did yoU HAVE TO TRY TO KISS HIM? HE PROBABLY IS GONNA SUE YOU FOR SEXUAL ABUSE NOW. HE HATES YOU NOW. GOOD JOB JACKASS-