𝐨𝐧𝐞

chapter one | stella marie

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

        Stella Marie Mason loved reading. Her mother, who was muggleborn, always made sure her daughter was educated on muggle culture, especially literature. Pride and Prejudice being her favorite. The imagery, the irony, the foreshadowing. Stella was sure she has read the book a million times and she is still touched by the ending. Seeing two unlikely and seemingly opposite people find their way to each other again and again and finally end up happy together sparks a flame in the girl.

        She didn't truly understand why she was here. She gazed around the many dusty corners of a room in Number 12 Grimmauld Place, and sighed. She could hear the voices of Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger from the room next to hers. In actuality, she was sharing that room with her and Ginny Weasley but decided the room she was currently in was much more quiet, what she preferred.

Her father was in the Order of the Phoenix. He was in it during his days in Hogwarts, and now it's like he never left. It made Stella nervous, though she would never admit it to her father. They had a strange relationship. She knew deep down he still held love for her, he just had a weird way of showing it. Stella believed her mother's death caused a strain on everything the woman left behind. Being a muggle witch, Selene Mason lost her life to cancer, which was passed on from her mother's side. Stella was only nine when the sunshine that was Selene dimmed. The star never gleamed as bright as it did when the sun went down. After her mother's death, Stella became quiet and always kept to herself. She willed herself to start a friendship with someone once she got to Hogwarts, and she did. The only person she would consider a friend is Hermione, seeing that they have been roommates since first year. And had always found friendship with a boy in her year, Neville Longbottom.

The Mason knew Harry Potter would be here soon. Her father gave her the run down as to why they had to go to Sirius Black's house so urgently. Stella always had faith in Black and was happy to know that he was innocent, even if he wasn't  free of charge and was in hiding from the Ministry of Magic. Harry had been attacked by Dementors at his home in the Muggle world, along with his cousin, and was facing a pending trial for expulsion from Hogwarts for performing magic underage and in front of a muggle. Both of her parents were good friends with the Marauders and made the Potters her godparents. It was a shame she didn't remember them but she was gifted pictures from different people such as her parents, Sirius and Remus Lupin.

        Stella sighed as she book marked her novel. Her father had asked her to try to interact with the other kids in the house and decided that that was what she was going to try to do. She opened the door where the other two teens in her year were and widened her eyes when the two jumped and looked toward her urgently.

She blinked, "it's just me. Sorry to scare you."

"It's alright, Stella," the Granger sighed, "I'm just on edge, is all. Harry will be furious."