𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

chapter eighteen | unexpected invitation

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

Stella Mason's least favorite thing about Winter was how she could never feel her nose. It turned red and runny and she couldn't feel it after a short period of time. Her whole body seemed to easily get cold no matter how many layers of clothing she uses. Stella and her three friends walked alongside her on their trip to Hogsmeade. Snow was blowing in the wind, making it hard to see for the girl, but she just kept on walking.

        "For weeks, you carry around that book. Practically sleep with it," Hermione spoke as they walked the path, "and yet you have no desire to find out who the Half-Blood Prince is."

        "I didn't say I wasn't curious, and I don't sleep with it," defended Harry.

        "Well, it's true," Ron added, "I had a nice chat before I went to bed. Now, all you do is read that bloody book. It's like being with you two."

        Stella simply glared at the boy as he referred to herself and Hermione.

        "Well, I was curious," Hermione spoke curtly, "so I went to—"

        "The library."

        "And?"

        "... And nothing. I couldn't find a reference anywhere to a Half-Blood Prince."

        "That settles it, then," Harry dismissed. They watched Professor Slughorn have a peculiar encounter with Professor Flitwick before hearing he was heading to The Three Broomsticks, "does anyone fancy a butterbeer?"

        The four walked the streets of Hogsmeade as they reached their destination. They walked into the pub where they were blasted with immediate heat, Stella let out a sigh of relief.

        They walked to an empty table where Harry told Ron to sit next to him, for what reason, Stella didn't know. After they ordered, the four settled and looked around the pub, one table catching Ron's eye.

        "Oh, bloody hell," he groaned at the sight in front of him. Ginny and Dean, looking incredibly close, "slick git."

         "Oh, Ron, they're only holding hands," Hermione rolled her eyes, before looking at the table again, "and snogging."

        The Weasley boy grumbled, "I'd like to leave."

        "Really, Ron?"

        "That happens to be my sister," he defended against Stella who sent him a knowing look.

        "So," Hermione shrugged, "what if she looked and saw you snogging me? Would you expect her to get up and leave?"

        That comment made Harry and Stella make eye contact as they held in their laughter. Hermione seemed to realise what she said and began to drink her butterbeer excessively. And Ron simply stared at her, not knowing what to say.