𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

chapter twenty six | stunning revelation

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

        Empty. That's the only way to describe what Stella Mason observed in front of her. There she stood, in her childhood home in the States. She apparated of course. The girl had been staying with the Weasley's as she always had been, but left a few days ago to collect her things from her two past homes. She wanted to visit the abandoned home one more time before her life got turned upside down. Her life was already turned upside down, if she were being honest. But venturing into the unknown with her three best friends for who knows how long is like the cherry on top of a really messed up sundae.

        Stella Mason could also describe her current state as empty as well. Even though it shouldn't affect her, she hadn't been in contact of any kind with her dad since he left the Burrow last Christmas, which was odd, even for him.

        She had been in contact with all of her friends. Hermione had let her know her plan of sending her parents away to Australia with no memory of their daughter. Stella had always thought Hermione was the strongest person she had ever known, now she only thought that even more. She went back and forth with writing letters with Ron, who first sent her a letter the day after he left, discussing the wedding between his brother and Fleur Delacour and their journey when the time comes. She and Harry, sent letters back and forth as frequently as they could, talking about anything but the looming war over their heads. The writings seem to be their escape from everything. Them mainly talking about their reunion, which Harry didn't know would be sooner rather than later.

        She would be apparating from her childhood home all the way to Four Privet Drive, where she would be meeting the rest of the Order and her two best friends to take Harry back to the Burrow. She agreed wholeheartedly to take the Polyjuice Potion along with seven others to ensure Harry had safe travels if a fight would occur.

        Stella had already packed everything she needed in her bag. Both her and Hermione purchased the bags, and put an undetectable extension charm on them, so they could fit anything they needed.

        If she was being honest, she was nervous to see Harry again. How would they greet each other? How long will they have to catch up before everything blows up in their faces? Will there be another kiss? Are they together? The Mason didn't know. And she knew deep down that her figuring out if Harry wants to be with her should be the last thing on her mind, but she couldn't help it.

        It was nightfall when Stella made her way to Four Privet Drive. She had informed Remus she would be arriving later than everyone else, and he assured her that everyone else knew, except Harry. Apparating from the States took a lot of time and energy when compared to apparating from the Burrow to Harry's home.

        The Mason opened the front door quietly, not wanting to scare anyone. She could hear the voice of Mad-Eye clearly as she made her way to the living room area.