𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

chapter thirty two | echoing words

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

Over the next fews weeks, tensions were on the rise. Ron wore the locket more than anyone, and Stella could tell it was affecting him. Due to the Weasley's injury, the four friends traveled on foot during their journey, setting up camp in areas that were secluded from anyone. They tried to find places to set up camp near water, or a forest, where food was most accessible, food being animals. Throughout their journey, the radio still played. Everyday Stella Mason listened to the list of missing wizards and witches that only seemed to grow by the day. The four made it to their set campsite for the next few days. The tent settled on a bed of rocks that covered the ground with a bank of water a couple feet away.

It grew dark as Stella read some of the tales from Hermione's book she received from Dumbledore, the faint sound of snipping in the background of her reading. Harry's hair was becoming unruly and Hermione took it upon herself to cut it.

"Oh, my God," the Granger exclaimed, her cutting coming to a halt.

"What," Harry asked, panicked thinking she messed his hair, making Stella chuckle at his expression.

Hermione bolted to the table in the center of the tent and began to shuffle through her things, "I'll tell you in a minute."

Stella and Harry followed her as the former spoke, "maybe you can tell us now?"

"The sword of Gryffindor," Hermione started, "it's goblin made."

Harry gave his friend a thumbs up, "brilliant."

The girl's head shook with a chuckle before elaborating, "no, you don't understand. Dirt and rust have no effect on the blade. It only takes in that which makes it stronger."

Stella looked down at the book Hermione showed them as the boy next to her slowly spoke, not getting her point, "okay...?"

"Harry, you already destroyed one Horcrux, right? Tom Riddle's diary in the Chamber of Secrets."

"With a Basilisk Fang," Harry reminded her, "if you got one of those in that bloody beaded bag of yours..."

"Harry, in the Chamber of Secrets, you stabbed the Basilisk with the sword of Gryffindor," Hermione explained, "its blade is impregnated with Basilisk venom."

Stella looked up from the book with wide eyes as she finally understood where Hermione was coming from, "it only takes in that which makes it stronger."

"Exactly which is why—"

"It can destroy Horcruxes," Harry finished, catching on as well.