𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

chapter forty two | a raging fire

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

        Stella panted as she weaved her way through the castle with Harry, passing panicked students and dodging spells coming from every direction. On a staircase through the chaos, the Mason felt Harry stop suddenly. The boy was in a daze as his breath became ragged, leaning against the wall. That could only mean one thing—a Horcrux was just destroyed. Green met blue as the boy gave the girl a slight nod, indicating he was fine, and they were back to running.

        Suddenly, a crash was heard, making the students all duck for cover. Stella's eyes widened to see a familiar black smoke shooting through a air. From next to her, Harry drew his wand, "stupify," the blue light hitting the smoking figure, stunning the Death Eater inside.

        Students of all ages didn't hesitate to continue their journey's to safety as Stella and Harry are met with a familiar face.

        "Neville," the blue eyed girl exclaimed over the screaming, happy to see he was all in one piece, though taking into account the scratches and bloody bruises that littered his face, "are you alright?"

        The Longbottom seemed to bounce on his heels, "never better. I feel like I could spit fire! You haven't seen Luna, have you?"

        "Luna?"

        "I'm mad for her," Neville shared, seeing Harry's confusion. His eyes then turned determined as he made his way away from the two, "I think it's about time I told her since we'll probably both be dead by dawn!"

        Watching Neville's retreating figure, Stella could feel a sink in her chest as the thought of what was yet to come their way. Her thoughts were interrupted by someone cupping her face and pressing their lips onto hers. Knowing exactly who it was, she instantly kissed Harry back before they pulled away.

        With a more firm attitude than before, Stella didn't hesitate to grab his hand, "let's go."

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

        The Room of Requirement. She let Harry take the lead in asking the room what they desired and followed him in. There before them was a plethora of different objects—furniture, jewels and all kinds of boxes with miscellaneous things inside. Stella was so stunned by the amount of things in the room she almost missed Harry bolting away from her, but she managed to follow as closely as possible. She could sense that Harry was following his instincts and wasn't going to question him—she trusted him.

        Going further and further into the room, the couple stopped at one of the big piles before Harry turned to a nearby table, somewhat in a daze. Stella watched Harry closely as he made his way toward the table, pushing some rope away from a box. Peering over the boy's shoulder, the latch of the box opened to reveal exactly what they had been looking for.