𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

chapter forty three | the fallen

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

It was clear as to what they had to do. Stella Mason knew it was inevitable they had to go right through the heart of the battle. She just didn't know if she was ready to do so. Her grip on her wand was tighter than ever before as she ran with her friends down the steps of Hogwarts, shooting spells at Death Eaters from every direction.

Making it into the court yard, Stella ducked as spells were shot randomly. She felt Harry pull her behind him at the sight of a giant Troll looking down at them, a club in hand. Running in the opposite direction, the four hid and dodged a swing of it's club. Coming out of hiding, the screeching of spiders got them to run and spell their way through the crowd. Stella could hear uses of the Unforgivable Cursed being used and it made her nauseous. Coming into an empty part of the rubble, the four stumbled upon Greyback feeding on Lavender Brown. Stella held Ron by the shoulder as he saw the empty eyes of his ex-girlfriend staring back at them. Angrily, Hermione shot Greyback into the broken windows and out of their sight. Seeing that the Troll was back on their trail, they evaded it, running to the entrance of the court yard. Their eyes widened as they saw hundreds of Dementors floating toward them, only for Abeforth Dumbledore to deflect them with his Patronus. Not wasting anymore time, the four friends ran away from the heart of the battle.

No matter how tired she was, or how much her feet screamed at her to stop, Stella Mason didn't stop running alongside her friends to the docks. By the time they got to the docks, Voldemort and Snape were already conversing. Stella crouched down next to Hermione as she could only stare at the back of Harry's head.

        "There is no wand more powerful," Stella caught Snape's sentence, "Ollivander himself has said it. Tonight, when the boy comes, it will not fail you. I am sure of it. It answers to you... and you only."

        "Does it?"

        Stella felt a shiver go down her spine at You-Know-Who's voice only a few steps away from them.

        "My Lord?"

        "The wand," the Dark Lord circled Snape, "does it truly answer to me? You're a clever man, Severus. Surely you must know. Where does its true loyalty lies?"

        "With you... of course, my Lord."

        "The Elder Wand cannot serve me properly because I am not its true master. The Elder Wand belongs to the wizard who killed its last owner," the Mason listened as she glanced back at her two friends with fright, she wasn't always the biggest fan of Snape, but he was close to her mother, and that counted for something in her life, "you killed Dumbledore, Severus. While you live, the Elder Wand cannot truly be mine. You've been a good and faithful servant, Severus... but only I can live forever."