𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

chapter twenty seven | dumbledore's will

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

        Sleep didn't come easy for Stella Mason. The chilling sneer on her father's face as he fought his friends plagued her mind. Would anyone think differently of her? Would everyone look at her and see her father's actions? Would she lose everyone she held dear? The thoughts went on and on. She laid awake later that night, Hermione sleeping soundly across the room, when she heard voices coming from outside. She got out of bed quietly, to not disturb her friend, and went downstairs to see Ron catching up to Harry outside.

        "Going somewhere," Ron called out. Stella, not noticed yet, leaned against the doorway watching.

        Harry turned around sharply, "nobody else is going to die. Not for me."

        "For you? You think Mad-Eye died for you? You think George took that curse for you," Ron scoffed, "you may be the Chosen One, mate, but it's a whole lot bigger than that. It's always been bigger than that."

        "Come with me."

        "And leave the girls? You mad? We wouldn't last two days without them. Don't tell them I said that."

        "Too late."

        The two boys turned to see Stella, her arms crossed, walk over to them.

        "Stella—"

        "Harry, whether you want to leave right now or not, you still have the Trace on you," the girl pointed out, kind of peeved at the fact Harry was ready to up and leave them without a second thought.

        "And we've still got the wedding—"

        "I don't care about a wedding," Harry cut off Ron, "I'm sorry, no matter whose it is. I have to start finding these Horcruxes. They're our only chance at beating him and the longer we stay here, the stronger he gets."

        "Harry, we understand, but it's been a long night and we've got a long day ahead of us," Stella stepped forward to take Harry's hands, "please, Harry."

        Harry sighed with a nod as Ron took the boys' bag and started walking back to the house, his friends following.

         "Do you think he knows," Ron started, "I mean, they're bits of his soul, these Horcruxes. Bits of him. When Dumbledore destroyed the ring, you destroyed Tom Riddle's diary, he must have felt something. To kill the other Horcruxes, we have to find them. Where are they? Where do we start?"

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

        Stella always had a soft spot for weddings. Witnessing the commencement of two souls coming together to love each other forever was something Stella couldn't wait to be a part of. Her dress was a light blue silk, spaghetti strap dress that went down to the bottom of her knees. Stella liked it the most because of how it flowed compared to the tight dresses she had worn in the past.