𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

chapter twenty five | in remembrance

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

        Stella Mason waited in the common room for Harry that night. She took the opportunity to catch up on one of her novels she brought to school. She had finished reading To Kill A Mockingbird the third time and was now onto another book. This novel was gifted to her for Christmas by Remus, who told the girl, no matter what happened in the future, she should never stop reading. The book was called The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. A tale about money, power and love. The book was centered around the American Dream, something she was familiar with hearing when she lived in the states. The plot twists and turns on the pages before her as she didn't even look up from her book when the portrait swung open.

Harry Potter had always admired Stella's commitment and passion for reading. How she had the attention span to actually read with everything going on around them inspired him. He had just gotten back from Dumbeldore's office and was pleasantly surprised to see Stella waiting for him, or so it seemed she was. He knew she liked to read once the common room was empty. He walked toward her and cleared his throat lightly, "Stella?"

The girl looked up from her book and smiled, "hello, Harry, how did it go?"

"It was successful," he told her, taking a seat beside her, "I found out what Slughorn and Tom were really discussing that night in his office."

"And what did they discuss, if I may ask?"

"Well, we already knew Tom had asked Slughorn and a rare piece of magic. That magic is something called a Horcrux."

Stella furrowed her brows, "Horcrux?"

"According to the memory, and to Dumbedore, Horcruxes isn't a spell or a curse, it's an object," he shifted toward her slightly and continued, "it's where you split your soul into pieces, and conceal it in an object of any kind, to become immortal."

"How did he split his soul? How does one do that."

"You kill someone, essentially."

"Lovely," Stella shuddered, "so, I guess he was successful in making them?"

The Potter nodded, "Dumbledore has already destroyed one and so have I, in the Chamber of Secrets."

"So, how many are left to destroy?"

"We aren't exactly sure," Harry told her, "but in the memory Tom did ask what would happen if he split his soul into seven pieces. And if he succeeded in making seven, we have a long way to go."

Stella took his hand in hers, resting them on her leg, "have faith, green eyes, you and Dumbledore make quite a team."

Harry let out a chuckle, "thanks, Stel."