𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

chapter forty one | the grey lady

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

        Stella Mason was waiting outside the Great Hall with the Order, who reunited a short time ago, and her best friends. She offered to go with Harry as he hid in the crowd of Gryffindors in the Hall, but he declined, saying it's safer for her with the rest of the group. She greeted Remus Lupin with a hug, earning her a kiss on the head. Lupin was someone very important to her. When it was clear her father would not return, Lupin and the rest of the Order took her under their wing. Gaining her the confidence she needed to survive this war. Hopefully, all the training they provided her will pay off.

        As the group was waiting for their cue to go, Stella turned to her two best friends, "I just wanted to say thank you," she spoke, "I don't know where I'd be without you guys. Thank you for being my friends."

        Hermione didn't hesitate to launch into Stella's arms and squeeze her tight, "I love you, Stel."

        "I love you, too."

        Ron came forward and gave the girl an equally tight hug, "thank you for keeping Harry's head on straight. And forgiving me."

        "Oh, Ron," the Mason smirked, "I can't stay mad at you for very long, now can I?"

        Just then, they heard the voice of Remus Lupin, summoning them to get ready. The three stood, chins up and confident as they heard Harry from inside the Great Hall.

        "It seems despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you still have a bit of a security problem, Headmaster," the doors opened revealing the Order and Harry Potter's three best friends, "and I'm afraid it's quite extensive."

        If Snape looked taken aback by the surprise entrance, he didn't show it.

        "How dare you stand where he stood," Harry seethed, "tell them how it happened that night. Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and killed him! Tell them!"

        The new appointed Headmaster paused, only to raise his wand a moment later. Stella and the rest of the Order raised their wands as the students back away and gasped. While everyone else stepped back, Professor McGonagall stepped forward and in front of Harry, her wand raised at Snape. Snape recoiled in surprise from seeing his colleague, but didn't back down. Flames shot from McGonagall's wand, only to be deflected by Snape. The two went back and forth before Snape decided to retreat, disapparating through the glass windows.

        "Coward!"

        Cheers rang through the hall as McGonagall brought back the light that dimmed in the room. Stella smiled at the kids celebrating before Harry caught her eye. Her smile vanished as a familiar dim appeared in his eyes. She made her way to him as he collapsed on the steps. She crouched down in front of him just in time for her to understand what was causing him to act this way.