𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

chapter zero | only the beginning

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

        A slight chill was in the air.

        Stella Mason stood at the window of her living room, overlooking the gloom the sky seemed to adore these days. Her hazel brown hair trickled down her back, the girl feeling the annoying weight of it. Around her neck is a necklace, with a star charm, gleaming when light hits. She knew what was coming. She knew what was changing.

        Her mind drifted to the end of her fourth year at Hogwarts, two months had never felt longer. Being in Gryffindor, the Mason girl didn't know Cedric Diggory well, but seeing his courage and drive throughout the tournament and life in general, made his death seem more painful for everyone.

        She was the quiet one. Not having many, if not any, friends was a blessing and a curse. She could listen in on everything and everyone around her without a care in the world. The girl knew everything about everyone she feels like. The curse part, of course, was not having anyone to listen to her or share anything with. But, she didn't tend to dwell on it.

        "Stella," she turned around to see her father, Rowland Mason, standing there. It seemed like he had been standing there for a while, watching his daughter who seemed to be in deep thought, "are you ready?"

        The girl sighed as she turned back from her fathers' gaze, facing the thundering sky, her fingers fiddling with her necklace even more, "I am."

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

vote
comment
share

edited: 5 april 2021