𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

chapter thirty three | dancing our cares away

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

        For once, it seemed, Hermione was awake before Stella. Once the Mason woke up, her head pounded from the crying she did the night before. She sat up in her bunk to see Harry still asleep and didn't attempt to wake him. She didn't know how to act around the two after what Ron said last night. Not only did he insult her, but he insinuated that Harry and Hermione did something the other night that Ron didn't like. Did they kiss? Did they share an intimate moment? Stella was nervous to ask. She thought it would be best to ask Hermione while Harry couldn't hear the conversation.

        The Mason quietly walked over to her best friend, who was making tea with her back turned.

        "Nothing happened, you know?"

        Stella's eyes widened as she didn't expect Hermione to speak, she didn't realize her movements were that loud, "uh... I—"

         "Stel," Hermione turned to look at her best friend, "you don't actually believe Ron, do you? He saw me and Harry walking back to the tent when I almost encountered Snatchers, that's all."

        Stella didn't know what to say, too embarrassed to talk. She should've known that Hermione, or Harry, would never do that to her. Her and Harry weren't officially together, but they knew the feelings they shared toward one another and Stella wouldn't do anything to jeopardize that, and she hoped Harry felt the same like she thought he did.

        "I'm sorry," Stella spoke softly, looking at her hands, "I shouldn't have thought anything of it but Ron said a lot of things last night—"

        "And none of what he said is true," the Granger interrupted, her tone firm,"nothing of what he said about you is true, Stel. And you know he didn't mean it."

        "...He didn't have the locket on when he said it, 'Mione."

        Hermione only gave her a hesitant response, "well, the locket has lasting affects when you take it off, doesn't it?"

        Stella sighed, appreciating her friend's effort to make her feel better, "if you say so, Hermione," she took another look at the sleeping Harry, "I'm taking first watch," and walked out the tent without another word.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

        After letting Hermione wait at the water bank for Ron for a few minutes, the three disapparated to another location. Once Harry woke up, he and Stella didn't speak, only nodding to each other as a greeting, both too awkward for their own good. The three landed in a rocky hillside, Hermione sniffled knowing it'll be difficult for Ron to find them now that they moved to a different location. Stella sat outside with Hermione for some time, letting the distraught girl cry on her shoulder. Stella didn't go inside until Hermione told her to, saying she would take watch. The real reason being wanting Stella and Harry to talk to each other.