𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

chapter twenty eight | vanilla latte

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

        Stella Mason grew up a romantic. Her favorite part of the novels she read were the pages where two people come together and simply love each other. They savor every feature of one another and bask in each other's presence and breathe the other in, in pure bliss. And that was how Stella could describe Bill and Fleur's wedding. The ceremony was beautiful, the vows bringing tears to Stella's eyes, which didn't go un-teased by Harry who sat next to her. One of the many things the Potter admired about her was her openness to feel and her love for romance and flourishing affection. The reception was held outside the Burrow in a tent that the Weasley's set up earlier in the day.

        With her arm linked with Hermione's, Stella looked around and smiled at the familiar faces she saw in the crowd. Seeing someone in particular, Stella leaned in to whisper to her best friend.

        "Now, I might be wrong, but Ron is looking at you like you are the sun, the moon and the stars," the Mason chuckled.

         Hermione scoffed playfully and bumped her hip against Stella's, "oh, please, he is not."

        "Yeah, yeah, yeah, keep telling yourself that."

        With one final smirk, Stella left Hermione's side in pursuit of Harry. She didn't exactly know what to label him as in her life. Was he her boyfriend? Or was he just a... special friend. She wanted it to be the former, but she knew it wasn't the best time to talk to Harry about it. At least, tonight wasn't the best time.

        Stella greeted people as she passed, being twirled by the Weasley twins on her way passed them. She exchanged pleasantries with Luna Lovegood and her father, Xenophilius Lovegood, who was a little odd but nonetheless lovely to speak to as Luna always was with Stella.

        Finally finding the person she was looking for, Stella found Harry speaking to elders at one of the tables. Once they made eye contact, the boy widened his eyes and quickly finished his conversation.

        Stella chuckled at his frazzled expression before meeting him in the middle, "everything all right?"

        Harry took her hands and nodded efficiently, "yeah, yeah, those people knew Dumbledore, I was just asking them a few questions," the girl nodded but didn't respond back, "you look absolutely beautiful, Stella."

        "Thank you, handsome."

        Their moment was cut short when a large shade of blue invaded the festivities and started speaking.

        "The Ministry has fallen. The Minister of Magic is dead. They are coming," it echoed before chaos ensued.

        Heart racing, Stella drew out her wand as she made sure to stick tight to Harry. This is it, she thought, this is when we leave.