𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

chapter thirty five | back together again

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

"Hermione? Stella?"

Stella Mason awoke to Harry Potter shouting her name from outside the tent. She didn't know what the time was but by the light coming from outside she suspected it was day time, and she finally got a full night of rest. She didn't know what Harry had been doing for the rest of the night, remembering how he never came back inside after their talk the day before. Stella locked eyes with Hermione, who looked just as sleepy as she did, and slowly got out of bed. The Mason left the tent with Hermione following close behind.

"Is everything alright," Stella asked while making her way toward Harry.

"It's fine," Harry answered, seemingly lighter then he was the day before, "actually, you know, it's more than fine."

As she made her way closer up the small hill, she noticed someone she hadn't expected to see, "Ron?"

The Weasley didn't meet her eyes and responded back, "Stella."

His response was a put off for her, but didn't mention it as she went over to Harry, who wrapped his arms around her waist from behind in comfort. She nuzzled into his neck, just noticing his skin and hair were quite damp. Before she could question it, Hermione showed herself, a blank expression on her features.

"Hey," Ron gleefully greeted, giving Hermione a small, but hopeful smile.

The blank expression turned cold as Hermione marched toward Ron. She grabbed his bag and started hitting the boy with it with every word, "you—complete..." she dropped the bag, grabbed a handful of leaves from the ground, and pelted him with them, "arse, Ronald Weasley! You show up here after weeks! And you say 'hey'?"

Harry and Stella were trying to keep their laughter at bay. Sassy Hermione was Stella's favorite. The laughter ceased when Hermione turned to face the couple in a flash, "where's my wand, Harry? Where's my wand," as she came toward them, Harry used Stella as a shield to hide himself.

"I-I dunno!"

"Harry Potter, you give me my wand!"

"I don't have it!"

"How come he's got your wand?"

Hermione turned back to face Ron, who was brave enough to speak, "never mind why he's got my wand," she paused when she saw what Ron was holding, "what is that?"

Ron held up the broken locket with pride.

"You destroyed it," Stella pointed out with a proud smile.

Hermione narrowed her eyes, "and how is it that you just happen to have the sword of Gryffindor?"

"It's a long story," Harry called from his place behind Stella, no longer using her as a shield.