Everything I Have is Yours

Nash wakes up late morning on Friday, it's their last full day at the Dallas ranch, he can't deny that he's sad to leave. He got a taste of what life should actually be like and now that he knows he doesn't want to let it go. Returning to the old, dirty trailer will be incredibly difficult for himself and for the kids. He hopes that they won't be affected too badly but they've enjoyed their time here so much, Nash wishes that they could stay, that this was their new life but unfortunately they need to go back before Chad thinks of reporting that Nash kidnapped the kids. The one thing he is looking forward to is returning to work with the horses, there's something healing about working with animals, he wonders if that's why his mother loved it so much.

Cameron is already gone to work with Bart, he kissed Nash goodbye in the morning and insisted that Nash sleep in. Nash's mind wanders to the brown-eyed boy who has changed his life dramatically. Nash loves him, he loves him deeply and even though he feels he's not worthy of Cameron, Nash still can't be selfless enough to give him up. He wonders about their future, about what life has in store for them. He already knows that he'll never stop loving Cameron, it's just not possible and even though he doesn't doubt Cameron's love for him there's still a bit of fear in his heart that some day Cameron will grow tired of him and leave. But that fear is tied into his insecurity.

Nash gets up and showers, he changes into a pair of Cameron's clothes and then heads downstairs. He spends the day watching TV, waiting for Cameron to come by so that they can go together to pick up Hayes and Sky from school and then come back to enjoy their last evening at the ranch. Cameron mentioned taking them out on the horses on Saturday, Nash thinks it's a good idea. He doesn't know what awaits them in that trailer so he wants to make their last day at the ranch as good as possible.

He loses track of time and is surprised when he hears Skylynn's happy screams. She and Hayes come into the family room and give Nash gentle hugs.

"Cam picked you guys up?" He asks, confused as to why Cameron didn't come get him first.

"Yeah," Hayes says nodding at Nash. They get settled on the couch and Skylynn changes the channel to cartoon while Hayes plays on his iPod.

"Okay..." Nash says slowly. "So where is Cam?"

They shrug and continue to do what they're doing. Nash stands and peeks outside, he doesn't see Cameron's car. He picks up his phone and struggles to figure out how to send Cameron a text message. He finally manages to send him a quick message asking where he is. Cameron replies almost right away but he doesn't answer Nash's question, just lets him know he'll be back soon.

He flops back down on the chaise and pulls the blanket over himself. He starts playing around with the phone, trying to get used to it and figure out all the features. He's content, he glances at his siblings and they look content as well. This is the life that they should have had, the life that was ripped away by the man who so selfishly decided to drive drunk and kill not only his mother but Cameron's sister as well.

It's getting close to Christmas and a few days after that it's his birthday. He hasn't celebrated it since his mother's death. The kids don't really know when it is and he's never told Cameron when it is. He had wanted to but them small Christmas presents but he realizes that he'll have to spend that money on groceries. Going back to the simple meals they were taking to school would be cruel, Nash is going to try his hardest to get close to the nutritious meals they have been taking to school this week.

Cameron had mentioned that his parents will be home for the holidays, they seem like a very nice couple and although Nash is terrified to meet them he knows he has to. If he and Cameron are going to be serious then he'll have to meet them. He's worried, he's scared that they'll find him unworthy of Cameron and talk Cameron into dumping him. How could he survive that? He doesn't think he could, not on top of all the other things he has to go through.