You Were Meant For Me

The next morning Rosa is up early getting Skylynn ready for school. Rosa does Skylynn's hair with a very pretty pink bow and dresses her in her new clothes, also pink. She misses having a little princess to dress and do her hair, her own daughter is now an adult. Hayes gets dressed on his own and smiles proudly at his reflection. Today is going to be the first time in years that he won't get made fun of, he's actually excited to go to school.

They watch tv in the kitchen while they eat their breakfast and Rosa packs their lunch in lunch bags that Cameron bought for them when he bought their clothes the day before. Cameron gets up and lets Nash sleep in, he looks so peaceful.

He takes a shower and gets dressed, and then goes downstairs where the kids are waiting for him at the door. He smiles at them and picks Skylynn up giving her a kiss on her cheek.

"You look very pretty, princess." He tells her as she giggles and wraps her little arms around his neck. He blows raspberries on her cheek and makes her laugh more.

"You look very good too, Hayes." Cameron tells him and Hayes gives him a bright smile.

"Thank you, Cameron. For everything that you're doing for us." Hayes replies softly and Cameron ruffles his hair affectionately.

He carries Skylnn out to his car and Hayes follows behind them. He opens the back door and places Skylynn in the booster seat that he got for her. He straps her in and then gets in on the drivers side. Hayes is buckled and ready to go on the passengers side. Cameron turns on the car and then reaches into his pocket.

"I have something for you, Hayes. It was mine but I barely used it to begin with because I have my cell and I want you to have it." Cameron says and he hands him an ipod with the charger and headphones. Hayes takes it, his eyes are wide and he stares at it. He runs his fingers over it reverently, his hand trembles slightly.

"Oh my god," he whispers, almost to himself. Hayes feels excitement in the pit of his stomach, the ipod looks brand new and he grins as he realizes that he has something that is just for him. "Cam... you're honestly the 2nd best person that I know. You're awesome."

Cameron smiles as he pulls out and starts to drive them to school.

"Well thank you, Hayes." He says and Hayes begins to chat excitedly about what games he's going to download and the music he's going to put on it. Cameron listens quietly with a small smile on his lips.

He pulls in front of the school where a children are milling around before school starts. He turns off the car and goes around to take Skylynn out of her booster seat.

He watches as Hayes runs up to his group of friends and begins to chat with them enthusiastically and then takes Skylynn's hand and leads her inside. He finds her classroom where a teacher is hanging up art.

"Hi," Cameron says and she jumps a bit and turns to him. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. This is Skylynn's classroom right?"

The teachers eyes widen as she takes a good look at little Sky. She seems like a different little girl, her hair is nicely done and she is wearing brand new clothes and a new coat.

"Yes, it is. And you are...?" She asks tilting her head, she doesn't recognize him.

"I'm Cameron, a friend of the family." He tells her as he releases Sky's hand, she immediately runs up to her desk.

"I'll be back in the afternoon to pick her up," he informs her. "Just so you don't send her on the bus."

He wants to make sure she's aware because it would be horrific if Skylynn ended up in the trailer park without Nash or Hayes.