Falling Is Like This

Skylynn Grier has very vague memories or if her mother. She can remember her teaching her how to care for horses and as she brushes her horses mane, Skylynn can almost picture her mother standing next to her murmuring softly and telling Sky how to gently brush her horse. Although she misses her mother she is not lacking anything. Nash and Cameron made sure she had all the love she needed growing up, and Nana Dallas is the only grandmother she has ever known.

She thinks about school starting and it's her junior year, even though she's technically a Dallas she never allowed it to get to her head. Her best friend Alyssa lives in the same trailer park she once lived in with her brothers and her sperm donor. She doesn't consider Chad her father, Nash and Cam are more of her fathers than Chad ever was.

She murmurs softly to her horse, Princess and giggles when the horse swishes her tail at Skylynn.

"You were always so good with the horses, Sky." Nash says and Skylynn turns and smiles at her older brother.

"I got it from mom," she says and they share a sad smile.

Hayes graduated from high school and chose to work at the farm instead of attending college. Even though Nash wanted him to get a degree, he understands that school is not for everyone. Skylynn finishes brushing her horse and turns to Nash who is watching her quietly.

"What?" She asks softly and Nash smiles at her.

"You're a great girl, Sky. I'm proud of you." Nash tells her sincerely and her cheeks turn pink and she hugs him, burying her head in his shoulder.

"Cameron and I have something to show you," Nash tells her and she tilts her head as she wonders what it could be. Nash leads her out to the garage and they join Cameron who presses the button to raise the door. The rising door reveals a red convertible with a huge bow on it. Skyline screams and she turns to Nash and Cameron with wide eyes.

"Are you serious?!" She screeches and they nod at her with big smiles. She just recently passed her drivers test and even though she did she never asked them for a car. She jumps up and down and squeals in excitement. She hugs Nash and Cameron tightly, she really can't believe they got her a car, not only that but a red convertible, her dream car.

"Can I drive it?!" She asks as she bounces on her heels. Cameron hands her the keys and she grabs them and does a little dance. Nash laughs and takes the bow off the car. She gets into her car and turns it on,it purrs to life.

"Be safe and be home by 10, you have school tomorrow." Nash tells her and she nods quickly before driving off to stop by Alyssa's trailer. There's no one else she wants to celebrate with but her. She pulls up to her friends trailer and she frowns as she can already hear yelling from inside. Her parents are forever fighting but for whatever reason they don't get divorced. She knocks on the door and Alyssa opens, she gives Skylynn a relieved look and she steps out, closing the door behind her.

"Oh god, thank you for saving me." Alyssa tells her and she looks for Skylynn's brother's car but she doesn't see it. "How'd you get here?"

"I drove," Sky tells her with a smile on her face. Alyssa finally notices the red convertible and she throws Skylynn shocked look.

"No!" She exclaims as she walks towards the car. Skylynn grins and nods at her best friend.

"Oh my freaking god, your brother is like the best ever. Honestly, you're so lucky!" She says and she gets into the passenger side while Skylynn gets into the drivers seat.

"Yeah... I know," Skylynn replies and she throws Alyssa a happy smile. "Where to, bff?"

"Let's just drive and see where the wind takes us, let's go on an adventure!" Alyssa replies and Skylynn grins and pulls off. The two friends chat happily as the wind whips their hair all around and Skylynn drives down the road. They drive with no destination in mind, the two friends talk as they drive. It's relaxing and exhilarating at the same time and it's just what they needed.