The Best of Me

Cameron POV

It feels strange to be back from college so soon, my parents welcomed me back like the prodigal son. I had told them for years that I had no interest in running their flagship farm, but I didn't last one month in college. I hated the person I was becoming, a drunken teen with no aspirations for my life. So I dropped out and returned home to learn the ropes of running our farm. My parents were happy to hand over the reins to their one remaining child, they want to build another farm and they want to focus on making that farm a profitable farm.

My father built his farming empire from this very farm. It used to be dilapidated and abandoned by his grandparents but my father started planting product that actually sold and that's when things started to turn around for the Dallas family. My mother comes from old money, my parents, Kitty and Dick, were completely against her marrying her high school sweetheart. She looked beyond her social class and fell in love with the man. She didn't care to leave her privileged upbringing in a historic plantation in North Carolina. She was outside toiling away in the hot sun alongside her husband. Together they formed Dallas Enterprises and expanded their farming business to other states.

I am always amazed by my parent's story. It seemed almost like the script of a movie, Kitty swears up and down that she always approved of John Dallas but everyone in the family knows that she's lying and yet no one ever calls her out on it. She is an intimidating woman who isn't afraid to say anything to anyone. She's had a life of luxury and even though she married into wealth, she acts like she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth.

I head into the kitchen and finds that my favorite drink is finished. I decide to head to the grocery store and pick up some more beverages. I still haven't let any of my friends know I have returned, at least not any from my high school.My best friend Taylor is that stereotypical bad boy who drinks, smokes weed and snorts cocaine, and pop pills. He got me involved in that life style and I do admit that I enjoyed it for a while. It was a way to pass time but now I've had a change of heart. I don't want to do those things, I don't want to be a piece of shit living off of my trust fund doing nothing but spending my parents money without contributing at all.

I'm lost in thought as I drives to the supermarket and I continue thinking about my future as enters the building.I slam into someone and I realize I wasn't looking where I was walking. Milk explodes into the ground and when I look at who I bumped into, I'm momentarily stunned by the clear, blue eyes he has. The boy looks down at the milk with a look of devastation that makes me feel horrible. It's like I just ruined his entire day.

"Shit! I'm so sorry, bro," I exclaims and the boy focuses on me. He is the most beautiful boy I've ever seen and I wonder if he just moved here because I've never seen him before. The guy is holding onto the hand of a little girl with blonde hair.

"I-It's okay," he stutters softly and he frowns as he picks up the rest of his groceries. I bend down to help him.

"I'll replace it, dude. I should have been looking where I was going,"I apologize, we straighten up and I decide it's only right to replace his milk, considering that the accident was entirely my fault.

A worker approaches them with a mop to clean up the mess and we step out of the way to allow her to do her job. A younger boy comes up to the guy he slammed into and they're all clearly siblings. He hands a gum ball to the little girl and she giggles in excitement.

"Thank you Nashy!" she exclaims and begins to twirl around. The guy smiles fondly at her and returns his attention back to Cameron who has been staring at him. He rubs the back of his neck awkwardly.

"N-no...you don't have to do that. It was an accident," the guy stutters and he's clearly nervous but I find it endearing.

"I insist, I feel so bad. Just... wait here and I'll be right back," I rush off before he can say anything to me.

I go right to the milk aisle and get 2 gallons of milk, 1 to replace the spilled milk and another to make up for wasting his time. I quickly check out and approach them again. I hold out the bags with the milk.

The boy's eyes widen. "We only had 1 milk..."

"Yeah I know... I just wanted to make up for the inconvenience," I tell him, still holding out his hand. Nash hesitates but then takes the bags from me. The look of appreciation confirms that I did the right thing.

"So what's your name?" I ask curiously. I find this boy so alluring, so captivating with his bright blue eyes and shy smile.

"N-Nash..." He replies quietly. The younger children watch attentively, they have curious looks on their faces.

"Did you just move here... or?" I question him, Nash bites his lip and shakes his head.

"I've lived here all of my life... I just graduated from high school here." Nash tells me. I am surprised, I know for a fact I would have remembered such a beautiful face if I had ever seen him.

"Really? Me too. I wonder why I never saw you around, not like this town's population is popping or anything," I say, smiling at Nash. Nash shrugs and remains awkwardly silent.

"I guess... I should get what I came here for," I say after a while, I don't want things to get too awkward. "I'll see you around?"

Nash nods, then he and his siblings continue on their way leaving me to wonder if I'll ever see them again. I want to. I grabs the drinks I came to buy and then head back home.

I can't take that blue-eyed beauty out of my head, I can't get over the fact that we attended the same high school and I've never seen him.

As I drive back home I'm lost deep in thought again. My senior year was the worst year for me, I partied way too hard mainly with Taylor and I allowed myself to be negatively influenced by Taylor's bad habits. I regret the moments I wasted in an alcohol or drug induced haze, I know that the man I was becoming was one that my parents nor my late sister would be proud of.

I get home and sit at the kitchen table where I drink my juice as I think about Nash. I regret not getting his number and feel like smacking myself for not thinking of it while we were talking. I'm not shy but Nash's shy yet beautiful smile captivated me. I have no clue where to even start looking for Nash, I just has to hope that I'll run into him again and this time I won't let him go until I have his number.

I, Cameron Dallas, am absolutely interested in pursuing the beautiful boy I bumped into.

Luck is on my side because I see him a lot sooner than I had expected and in a place I never would have imagined, in Bart's office.

I had spent the day learning the computer programs we use to run the farm. It's tedious but important so I pay close attention to what Bart is teaching me. There's a soft knock on the door and Bart calls them in. My eyes widen as I see the boy I bumped into. Nash.

I play it cool and act like I'm trying to place him.

The blush on Nash's face when I speak makes me want him so much. I'm used to getting what I want but I don't want a one night stand with Nash. I know that already, I want to romantically pursue him, I want those blue eyes looking at him with adoration.

It sounds crazy but I want Nash to be mine and no one else's.

That night when I'm in bed I stroke myself to a picture of Nash in my head. I imagine what his lips would taste like and how they would feel, I imagine myself taking Nash over and over until I cum hard into my hand.

I stand and wash myself off in the bathroom before I return to bed, boot up my MacBook Pro and load the files with all of the information for our workers. I'm disappointed to find that Nash's file has no number, maybe he forgot to give it when he applied.

I plan to approach Nash the next day and begin my pursuit of the shy boy who caught my attention.

a/n- more of Cameron's POV or delete?