You Make My Heart Skip

Cameron's mother enters and stops short when she notices Nash in the room with Cameron.

"Oh, sorry sweetie I didn't realize you had a friend over. I just wanted to let you know daddy and I are home, we were able to wrap up things quicker than we expected so we decided to come back early. We've missed you, we didn't realize we'd be gone for so long." She says, a friend smile on her face.

Cameron gets up from the bed and goes up to his mother, he hugs her tightly.

"Mom, this is Nash. Nash this is Gina, my mother." Cameron introduces them and Nash waves shyly from the bed, Gina gives him a small smile.

"There's actually something I want to talk to you and dad about," he says and glances at Nash before he grabs his mother's hand and leads her out. They find his father in his study, Cameron closes the door behind them.

"Hi, dad." Cameron says as he nods at his father. They take a seat and His mother looks at him expectantly.

Cameron takes a deep breath. "A lot has happened while you guys were gone. I met someone, and this person has become like... the most important person in my life. I'm in love, like deeply in love with this person. I'd do anything and everything to make this person happy. And I know it may come as a shock to you but I hope that it doesn't change our relationship."

"Why would anything change, Cameron? You're our son, we'll love you no matter what," Gina says and she takes Cameron's hand and holds it tightly. She's never seen her son like this.

"It's Nash." He says and he avoids their gazes, he looks down at the floor. The room is quiet for a bit, Cameron stays quiet, allowing his parents to think about what he said.

His father is the first to speak. "Who exactly is Nash?"

"He attended high school with me, although we didn't meet until I came back from university in September," Cameron explains, he looks up at his parents and they don't seem very upset.

"Like I said, Cameron, you're our son and we'll love you no matter what," Gina says and she glances at her husband who is nodding in agreement with her.

"That's not all," Cameron says and he hopes with all his heart that his parent's don't judge Nash and his siblings.

"He and his siblings are actually very poor because well, their mother was killed by the same drunk driver that killed Sierra," Cameron gets a little choked up when he brings up his sister. He knows that they all still miss her so much, it's a wound that has never healed.

"Their father lost it after that, he was fired and they were homeless for a while. They finally were able to move into a trailer, but their father became an abusive alcoholic. Nash... he endured years of abuse to keep his siblings safe. They struggled to eat because their father blew all his money from working as a janitor on alcohol." Cameron continues explaining everything to his parents. They sit quietly, listening to their son as he tells his story. "As soon as Nash graduated he had to start working and... he was actually hired here as a seasonal worker. He did really well so Bart added him as a permanent employee working with Aaron in the barn. Uhm... so we got close and we're in a relationship now. Before you make any judgments against Nash, please know that he's not using me. Trust me on this please."

Cameron pauses and lets his parents take in everything that he's said.

"Nash is the warmest, most loving person I've ever met. He loves his siblings so much, he sacrificed so much for them. He would barely eat just so that they could have an adequate amount of nutrition. He'd buy the things they needed first, he always put them first. His asshole father used his siblings to keep Nash in the home. He knew he would sink without Nash, so he told Nash if he ever reported anything he'd never give him custody and the children would end up in foster care somewhere far. But this past week he did something unimaginable, he attempted to rape Nash's younger brother and he hit him as well. Nash couldn't stay there any longer so he took his brother to the hospital, they were visited by CPA and I told them that they will be living here. So... that's why Nash is here, Hayes and Sky are in their room, probably sleeping by now but you'll be able to meet them tomorrow." Cameron finishes talking and he looks at his parents.