Stuck On Survive

The holidays come quickly, the Dallas family always holds a big family dinner on Christmas Eve and this year is not any different. Nash is nervous, he's undeniably nervous because there's going to be so many people that he doesn't know invading the ranch. He doesn't want to appear clingy but he knows that he's going to end up doing so because there's no way he's going to leave Cameron's side.

He's particularly nervous to meet Cameron's maternal grandparents, he's heard stories about them and everything he's heard has made him nervous. They are extremely snobby, they make Taylor's parents look like angels. He knows that they're going to look down on him and his siblings once they realize they lived in a trailer park prior to moving in with Cameron. Cameron promised to shield them from his grandparents, he never was particularly fond of them and he avoids them as much as humanly possible.

Rosa is in the kitchen cooking the meal, she has all four stove tops going and the oven as well. Nash and his siblings are sitting at the kitchen table helping her cook, they're currently working on the fruit salad. They wash, peel and arrange the fruit just like Rosa showed them. They talk and laugh amongst themselves, it's the first Christmas since their mother passed away that they were actually celebrating. Nash is excited because he and Cameron bought the 2 younger siblings Christmas presents and he can't wait to see the look on their faces when they open them.

Cameron walks into the kitchen in only sweatpants, his hair is still messed up from bed. He woke up a few minutes ago to find himself alone in bed, he immediately got up to find his boyfriend. He smiles as he watches them and listens to their happy chatter. He comes up behind Nash and bends down to press a soft kiss on his neck.

"Hey baby," he says softly. Nash tilts his head up at Cameron and gives him that beautiful smile that makes Cameron lose his train of thought and makes him have to catch his breath.

"Good morning, Cam. We got up early to help Rosa, you looked so comfortable that I didn't want to wake you up," Nash tells him and he turns halfway on his chair to face Cameron.

Cameron bends down and presses his lips lightly against Nash's. "Let me get ready and then I'll join you guys."

Nash smiles and nods at him, turning back around when Cameron leaves the kitchen.

"I have a pink pretty dress that Mama Dallas bought me and she said I'm going to be a pretty princess!" Skylynn talks happily as she pulls the leaves from every strawberry. Gina Dallas fell in love with little Skylynn the moment she saw her, she took Skylynn shopping and bought her so many pretty dresses. Having a little girl in the home warms the heart of both of the elder Dallas'.

They can see why Cameron became so attached to the Grier siblings; Skylynn with her sweet disposition, Hayes with his quiet and humble excitement when John Dallas showed him his antique toy car collection and Nash with his willingness to always help out.

Cameron comes back to the kitchen a few minutes later and he sits at the table with the Grier siblings and starts to help out. Rosa glances at them with a soft smile on her face, the Dallas household had been somber since the death of Sierra, the 3 siblings have lightened the household with their presence and she's happy to see happiness on the faces of her loving employers again. Everyone was devastated at the sudden death of Sierra, it was completely unexpected and they felt as if she was ripped away from their arms so abruptly.

It was difficult to come to terms and heal, they were never the same afterwards but this is the closest she's seen any of them come to looking like they were prior to her death.

"What time are your grandparents arriving?" Nash asks quietly as he carefully peels and slices the mango he's currently working on.

"They usually get here like 1 hour before dinner, and then they stay until after New Years. My parents only make me sit down for Christmas Eve dinner and that's it. We'll steer clear of them while they're here." Cameron tells him and Nash nods in agreement, he's not going to argue with that.