The Best of Me Part Two

My attention is solely on Nash as I walk up to him and Aaron. I'm sure it's obvious but I don't care, I nod at Aaron in greeting before returning my attention to the beautiful blue eyed boy sitting in front if me. Nash's eyes widen when he notices me and his cheeks turn pink, it makes me smile and I feel good about the fact that I have that effect on Nash. He seems interested and that makes things so much better because I think he won't turn me down for a date.

"Hi, Nash." I greet him softly. I didn't want to disturb Nash's work this morning even though I've been itching to approach him for hours but I managed to wait until his lunch break. Aaron probably knows what's going on so he makes an excuse and leaves us alone.

I really don't even hear Aaron say goodbye, my gaze is locked with Nash's. His intense blue eyes .

"H-hi," Nash replies, stuttering slightly. He's so fucking cute and I want him so bad. I boldly take a seat next to him, sitting a lot closer than Aaron was sitting, Nash runs a hand through his hair before he turns his head to look at me. I don't think he realizes how desirable he is.

"How's the new position?" I ask as I stare at Nash, I'm not shy in my perusal of Nash's body, my mind begins to drift off to dirtier thoughts but I stop them.

"I love it," Nash confesses softly. "I... I used to take care of a couple of horses with my mom. But she's gone now so... I haven't in a few years."

The way Nash says that sentence lets me know that she died and not that she left them. I don't press the issue, not yet, because I know exactly how it feels to lose someone and how painful it can be when someone presses for more information when you aren't ready.

"I'm happy you got the position there," I say impulsively,smiling softly at Nash.

"Me too," Nash replies shyly. I think about how to spend more time with Nash and wonder if he'd like to go riding with me.

"We should go riding one day," I offer, he seems to miss riding horses." Maybe on your day off?"

Nash looks really happy for a few moments and I get excited because he's going to say yes but his face falls,making me frown.

"I would love to," Nash replies, I can tell he's being honest. "But I take care of my little brother and sister on my day off. It's really the only time I can spend with them. I don't want them to feel abandoned, you know?"

"I met them at the store, right? They're so cute. You... you can bring them too. Maybe they'll enjoy riding as well." I don't give up easily, I'm determined to spend time with Nash and I won't let something like that stop me.

"Really?" Nash asks, he looks so hopeful and earnest that it makes my heart skip beats.

"Really," I reply firmly and smile, happy that I convinced Nash to say yes. I really won't mind his siblings presence, they seemed like good kids and deserve a nice day.

"Then we would love to. We all love horses," Nash says and we smile at each other.

"This Saturday then, yeah? We can ride out and take a picnic too, it'll be fun." I say as I get more excited, I love the happiness on Nash's face. I want to make him happy like this all the time, it's kind of crazy but I'm already getting attached to him. I've really never pursued anyone like this and it makes me nervous but Nash seems so innocent.

"I'll let you get back to work, I'll see you around, yeah?" I say, standing up. Nash smiles at me and nods. I leave him, feeling accomplished and excited.

I spend the rest of my day with Bart in the office but I peak out the window to catch glimpses of the beautiful blue eyed boy that's caught my attention. He and Aaron work together with the horses and I can tell Nash feels completely comfortable with his new position.