Nothing Without Love

Cameron keeps watch over Nash while he sleeps. He occasionally leaves the room to check on Hayes and Skylynn. Skylynn asks where her older brother and Cameron tells her that he's sick and doesn't want to get her sick.

Skylynn accepts his answer and continues to play with the dollhouse in the game room. She sings to herself as she plays and Cameron's heart warms at that sight. He makes sure they're fed and he goes back to check on Nash.

Nash is awake again and he's still laying on his side. It's so painful to even move a little bit. He had tried sitting up while Cameron was downstairs but the shooting pain didn't allow him to. He's pretty sure he has a fractured rib and he's worried because that means that he won't be able to work until it's healed.

Cameron enters the room and Nash smiles sleepily at him, the pain medicine made him drowsy.

"How are the kids?" He asks softly as Cameron slides into bed next to him.

"They're fine. I made sure they had all their meals. Sky is playing with a dollhouse and Hayes is playing on the Xbox." Cameron tells him, he strokes Nash's cheek gently. Nash's eyes flutter shut as he enjoys Cameron's touch.

"Do you need more pain medicine, baby?" He asks gently.

"No, the pain is bearable as long as I don't move," Nash replies, he still has butterflies because Cameron is being so affectionate with him. He hopes that when he's better Cameron still continues to be this sweet. Nash is ready to take the next step in their relationship but he's too shy to tell Cameron directly. He decides to drop hints when he's better but for now he'll just enjoy Cameron's attention.

"You haven't eaten at all, Nash. I'll get you something to eat, what do you want?" Cameron asks him. He doesn't want Nash to get dehydrated, that would be bad.

"I have no appetite," Nash responds flatly, but Cameron gets up anyway and goes to the kitchen. He cuts up fresh fruit and grabs some water bottles from the fridge. He goes back up to his room and places the plate and water on the nightstand table.

"You're going to eat and drink, baby. I'll help you okay?" Cameron says and he crawls to the bed and grabs the plate and water bottle. He takes a strawberry and holds it to Nash's mouth. Nash opens his mouth reluctantly, only to humor Cameron, and takes the strawberry from his fingers. He chews it slowly, savoring the taste it's actually pretty good.

"Mmm, that's good," Nash says as he swallows the fruit. Cameron keeps feeding him the cut up fruit with a smile on his face. It feels very intimate as he lies there feeding Nash. He wants to lean in and kiss his lips but they're still swollen from the punch and he knows that it would hurt Nash. So he holds back his desires and finishes feeding him the plate of fruit.

"Do you want more, baby?" He asks tenderly, he likes to use that pet name with Nash. He never really called anyone baby, he didn't care enough to give them any sort of nickname. But Nash has captured his heart in a way no one else could. He's infatuated with this boy, he thinks about him all the time. It's like an obsession and even though it's a bad situation he's happy to have Nash in his bed.

"No, that was good. Thank you, Cam... truly." He replies softly.

"What are you thanking me for?" Cameron asks as he places the plate back on the nightstand, he turns back to Nash.

"For taking care of me, for taking care of my brother and sister when I can't. You're... so amazing and I'm so grateful that you're in my life. You make everything so much better," Nash confesses shyly. Cameron smile widely at him, his heart is about to burst with happiness from Nash's words.

"You don't have to thank me, baby. I want to do this for you, I want to take care of you and help you with anything you need." Cameron tells him fervently. He wonders if now is a good time to bring up the phone.