The Cruelty of Everyone Else

When Cameron wakes up hours later he finds an empty bed next to him. He frowns because he knows Nash isn't working today, but he then figures that Hayes and Skylynn have Nash outside watching them as they play with their new toys. He calls Nash's phone but it starts ringing from the nightstand table, Cameron chuckles as Nash is probably not used to having a cell phone yet.

He goes to the bathroom and takes a quick shower, he puts on sweatpants and a hoodie, he goes downstairs and grabs an apple from the kitchen before heading outside to find Nash and he siblings. He surprised to see his grandparents car still parked in the driveway. He hopes that they left Nash, Hayes and Skylynn alone, they're finally genuinely happy and Cameron doesn't want anything to ruin it for them.

He looks around the grounds as he bites into his apple, he frowns when he doesn't find them anywhere. He heads back to the house and he notices that Skylynn's toy car is parked in the garage. He goes back inside and searches for them in the game room, the theater room and the family room. The 3 siblings are nowhere to be found.

He takes the stairs back up to the 2nd level, 2 at a time. He stops by the kid's room, their bed is neatly made. He goes back outside and runs to the barn, the horses whinny at him but they're not in there either. It is at that moment that Cameron begins to panic, Nash wouldn't take Sky and Hayes somewhere without telling him, he'd at least wake Cameron up to let him know that they'd be out.

He breaks out into a full on run back to the ranch and as he runs by the cars he notices that his father's car is not sitting in the driveway. He sits down on the steps and laughs softly to himself as the panic begins to fade away. It's very obvious to him now that his parent's took them out and he feels silly for starting to panic. He doesn't even know what he was panicking about, Nash was extremely happy early that morning when they went to sleep. He probably got up early and didn't want to disturb Cameron since they had gone to sleep close to 5am.

He decides to wait in the family room for his family to come back from their outing. A couple hours later he hears the door open, he hears the his mother's soft laughter and he stands, happy they're finally home. Cameron feels a little pathetic at how much he missed Nash when he was only gone for a few hours, he wants to spend the rest of the day cuddling with Nash because they have to return to working the next day.

He goes to the foyer to greet them, he sees his parents and grandparents but Nash and his two siblings are missing, Cameron's smile fades from his face.

"What's wrong sweetie?" Gina asks as she hangs up her coat.

"Where are Nash, Hayes and Sky? They were out with you weren't they?" He asks, trying to calm himself and keep his voice from wavering.

"No, honey. We invited them to come with us before we left but Nash declined saying that they wanted to stay here with you." Gina explains and the panic that Cameron felt earlier returns full force and triples as he realizes that they're gone and he has no idea where they went, Nash didn't leave him any messages.

"They aren't here. They weren't here when I woke up and I thought they went out with you. Did they seem okay before you left?" He asks, he can't mask the worry in his voice, he tries to maintain a calm facade but it cracks.

"You know, they did seem a little quiet but I thought it was just because they were tired. They all had a long night last night," Gina comments.

Kitty has a smug look on her face, she's happy that those 3 gremlins are no longer in her grandson's life. Now things can get back to normal, she thinks about who she's going to set Cameron up with. She recently met the Governor's wife and they have a young girl Cameron's age that would be a suitable match for her grandson.