Dark Eyes and Careless Hair

The rest of the week passed by without any problems. On Friday afternoon, Nash got his first paycheck with his raise. His eyes almost bulged put of his sockets when he saw the amount written on the check. It was nearly twice as much as he used to make. Was his raise really that much? He contemplates asking Bart about it but he decides not to. The extra money can go towards more nutritious meals for the kids.

He's fighting back tears as he realizes that they no longer have to starve. They no longer have to scrape the bottom of the barrel. He starts to walk home, his spirits are high.

"Nash!" Cameron yells and Nash stops and turns towards him. He smiles at Cameron, he didn't see him much during the week but they always smiled at each other if they bumped into one another.

"Are we still on for tomorrow?" He asks, his eyes shining brightly and a happy smile on his face.

Nash nods and smiles in return. "Yeah, we're really looking forward to it. We'll definitely be here."

"Great! I can't wait, it's going to be so fun. I'm going to take you guys to the river that's on the edge of our property, I wish it was summer so we can get in but it's beautiful none the less." Cameron tells him. His eyes move over Nash's body, Nash's face blushes at Cameron's look. He's never really had such attention on him.

"Are you headed home?" Cameron asks softly.

"Yeah... I have to pick up my siblings and then we're going shopping." Nash replies as he shuffles his feet.

"Where's your car?" Cameron asks curiously. His eyes take in Nash's appearance, he never really noticed it. His attention had solely been on his beautiful face and his brilliant eyes. Nash's shoes are very worn, to the point of almost being unwearable. His pants and shirt have small holes and lose threads. His snapback was faded and worn as well.

Nash stares at the ground and his voice is quiet as he answers Cameron's question.

"I walk. It's not too far only 30 minutes if I walk fast..."

Nash trails off, not knowing what to say next. Cameron tips Nash's head up to meet his eyes.

"Hey... it's okay. I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I'm sorry." Cameron regrets pressing Nash on the subject, he looks so sad.

Nash smiles wanly, it doesn't reach his eyes like before. "It's okay, it's a normal thing to ask."

"Come with me, I'll give you a ride home." Cameron says and he doesn't leave any room for argument. He leads Nash to his Range Rover and Nash follows him meekly. He gets into the car and he can't hold back his gasp.

The inside of the car is state of the art. Leather seats and lcd screen, the works. He's never been in such a luxurious car.

"Type in your address into the GPS," Cameron tells him as he pulls out onto the main road. He doesn't notice Nash's awe at the car. Nash fumbles a little bit with the screen but manages to get his address in before Cameron notices anything.

He comes to the realization that Cameron will see where he lives, he'll know he's trailer park trash,  that makes Nash incredibly nervous. What if Cameron decides that Nash is way too beneath him for him to even associate himself?

His breathing gets fast as he tries to swallow back the panic and fear. He's longed for Cameron for so long, he's watched him from a far for so many years. He finally has a chance to get close to him and he's scared that he'll blow it.

He knows the kind of people Cameron usually hangs out with, they're all rich like he is. They're not trailer park trash like Nash is,  they don't struggle to put food on the table like Nash does. They live carefree lives where their every whim is catered to.