Chapter 20

"Samantha..." I hear a voice whisper as I feel my leg gently shake. "Samantha, wake up. I want to show you something," I hear again, and I peel my eyes open to see Harry hovering over me.

"Harry? What's wrong? What time is it?" I ask, confused at why he's waking me up like this. The only other time he's done this was on Christmas.

"It's 11 AM, now get your lazy ass up and come downstairs," Harry laughs, pulling me out of bed and swinging my legs over the side.

I swat him away and wrap a blanket around my body, following Harry down the stairs. Before we get to the bottom, he instructs me to close my eyes, which I hesitantly do. What is this boy up to? He leads me down the rest of the stairs and once we reach the bottom, I can hear him giggling.

"Okay, you can open your eyes now," Harry says excitedly, and I follow his orders.

I open my eyes and scan around the room, not seeing anything, until I feel something brush past my leg. I look back at Harry in shock, my mouth wide opened. Sitting perched on the ground in front of me is the most adorable German Shepherd I've ever seen. "You didn't!" I gasp, looking back down at the furry animal in front of me who is tilting his head back and forth.

 "You didn't!" I gasp, looking back down at the furry animal in front of me who is tilting his head back and forth

"Oh, but I did," Harry says with a smirk plastered on his face as he watches me pet and greet the dog.

"Harry! Why did you do this? Where did you even find him?!" I blurt out as I continue giving the dog attention

"I got him so that when you are alone, you have another form of protection other than me. Also, so that you aren't so lonely all the time," Harry says smugly and I squeal in excitement. I run to Harry and give him the biggest hug in the world. Harry's body tenses in my tight hold, but quickly relaxes.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I screech, before releasing the hug and running over to pet the dog more.

"He's so fluffy!" I squeal in joy and Harry chuckles, shaking his head as a toothy grin splays across his face.

"Have you thought of a name?" Harry asks, patting the dog on his head.

"Nope. Give me a letter and I'll think of a name," I suggest and Harry laughs again, eyebrow quirking.