Chapter 71 *

Warning: Sexual Content
***
Hi! Please make sure you read the previous chapters before reading this one so you don't miss out on anything :) Enjoy!
***

• Thursday- 2 days until the plan •

Yesterday felt like the shortest day out of the week so far, but possibly one of my favorites that I've spent with Harry. After we spent our day at Knobels on Tuesday, we were pretty exhausted once Wednesday came around. As soon as we got back from the amusement park, I was out like a light as soon as my head hit the pillow. But when I woke up on Wednesday morning to Harry's tired-looking eyes with sunken bags beneath them casted down on me, it didn't take long for me to discover that he had gotten no rest at all.

After consistently probing Harry with questions on what was keeping him up all night, he finally- after lots of complaining and denying anything was wrong- revealed that he was having constant nightmares about our plan on Saturday. He didn't go into much detail about them, but it was obvious what the dreams were about. I could only assume it was that our plan went wrong and I was the victim.

So instead of spending the day doing strenuous activities, Harry and I decided to stay in and check off some activities from his list that required less effort. He napped most of the morning, which I didn't mind because I wanted him to catch up on his sleep that he missed from the previous night. I remained cuddled into his side, calmly scrolling through my phone and texting Caitlyn about her plans for the wedding until he woke up just before noon. I was more than pleased to see his deep dimples and sparkling emerald eyes as he turned to face me, pressing a kiss to my forehead; and I found myself thanking God that he woke up in a happier, less anxious mood.

The rest of our day consisted of having a nerf gun war (which ended with me accidentally shooting him in the eye, causing him to pout until I kissed his whole face), cuddling during a Disney movie marathon (which he claimed to hate Disney movies, but I caught him suppressing some laughs and even saw him tearing up for a few of them), cooking dinner together, baking a cake together, building a pillow fort, and more. It was such a simple day, yet it was so memorable, making it one of my favorites so far. We went to bed early, falling asleep in our pillow fort that we had made after starting a fire in the fireplace. With our bodies entangled together and Diablo pressed to Harrys free side, we both woke up this morning with bright smiles and exchanged cheeky kisses, agreeing that that had been our best sleep in a while.

It took us a while to get up this morning, both of us avoiding the mess that we now are in the middle of cleaning up. As I fold the blankets and place the pillows from our fort back in their designated spots on the couch, I peer over to Harry who is in the kitchen with his back faced towards me, diligently cleaning the dishes from our cooking and baking last night. I quietly make my way over before stopping directly behind him, wrapping my arms around his body and placing my hands flat on his chest. His body stiffens for a minute before relaxing into my touch, realizing that it's me who is holding him from behind.

With my arms locked around his body, he continues to clean the dishes while humming a soft tune that I recognized to be "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder. I rest the side of my head on his back, feeling the way his breaths cause his back to rise up and down. We remain in this position until he reaches for the cloth towel, drying his hands before peeling my hands off his chest and spinning around to face me.

"Hello beautiful," he smiles, beaming down at me as my cheeks redden at the sweet name rolling easily off his tongue. "Thank you for helping me clean up."