Chapter 38

****
Please make sure you read Friday's chapter (37) before you read this one! Thank you
****

•••SAMANTHA'S POV•••

My eyes open to the brilliant, bright sun filling my dark room. The spot where Diablo usually lays is empty, causing a slight coldness to appear on the usually warm bed sheet. He usually wakes me up with his licks and his wagging tail hitting me in the face. No wonder I woke up a little later than usual.

The house is still and quiet with no sound of Harry listening to his music or playing with Diablo, which is his usual morning routine

The house is still and quiet with no sound of Harry listening to his music or playing with Diablo, which is his usual morning routine. Is Harry even here?

Curious as to why there is no noise or movement going on, I quickly get out of bed and pull a sweater and leggings on, deciding to apply my blue dot on after I scope out the house. If the boys are about to come in like they did a few days ago, this time I'll at least have pants on.

Making my way downstairs, I notice that his Hiations jacket was off the hook and his shoes were missing, informing me that he was, in fact, not at the house. I let Diablo out of his crate and send Harry a quick text, letting him know I'm awake and asking him where he's at.

While waiting for his response, I begin to clean up the house a little bit. I've noticed that over the past couple of days, Harry has been wearing a few of the same dirty shirts, so I probably should just do his laundry. I make my way into the laundry room and lift open the lid to his hamper, scoffing at the built-up pile of dirty clothes. Does this man ever do his laundry?

I sigh before I begin to unfold his clothes, putting them outside-in. Tossing a few articles of clothing in the washing machine, I pick out a pair of his black jeans and unfold them before I notice a few things in his pocket. I dig my hand in the back pocket, pulling out some chapstick and a few quarters, before checking the other pockets.

As I reach in his front pocket, my hand comes in contact with something small and cold. Furrowing my eyebrows, I grasp the cold object and pull it out, revealing a small, gold key. What the hell?

 What the hell?