Chapter 30

****
Please make sure you've read Monday's chapter (chapter 29) before you read this one! Also, if you want, watch the video that I attached before you read the chapter. It's only a minute long and it's a little trailer of the night! ENJOY LOVES!
****

"Samantha! You guys made it!" I hear Caitlyn's voice excitedly call out as she rushes over to me, pulling me into a hug.

"Of course we did!" I exclaim, hugging her back.

The music is loud and upbeat as everyone around us dances without a care in the world. Red solo cups fill the air as people raise their cups, jumping and cheering.

She breaks the hug and a huge grin is etched on her face

She breaks the hug and a huge grin is etched on her face. I notice that Harry has snuck away to go greet some people, which makes me feel very uneasy. As long as I'm with Caitlyn, I'm fine, I reassure myself.

"I heard the news" Caitlyn whispers, shooting me a wink as I laugh. I immediately know she's talking about me being a hider.

"I know! I heard about you as well! That's so crazy!" I reply in joy, glancing over my shoulder to look at Harry, but he's speaking with two men who I presume are gang members.

Harry holds a very serious expression as he talks down to the guys

Harry holds a very serious expression as he talks down to the guys. I can't help but wonder what they are talking about. My eyes fall upon a gun strapped in a holster on his jeans and my eyes widen. Why does he have a gun on him?!

Caitlyn speaks again, snapping me away from Harry. "I'm so glad we are together in this. I just wish I knew when we were at the mall. No wonder why you were so freaked out"

"Yeah I know. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. I was afraid of something bad happening" I apologize and she waves me off to tell me it's not a problem.

Before I can respond, I feel a hand press softly against my lower back causing me to look behind to see Harry with a small smile.

"Sorry, I had to handle something fast" Harry says, before looking at Caitlyn and nodding his head at her to say hi. I choose not to ask questions about what he was talking about, since he doesn't seem to enjoy sharing too much information.