Chapter 7

My head starts to spin as Harry speeds down the highway, going 95 miles per hour. What does he mean by punishment? What is he going to do to me? I always thought he was just bluffing when he said he was going to punish me, but I guess I was wrong.

"Harry, please slow down," I beg, fearing for my life. I am terrified of car accidents, especially at the speed we are going. If we get into an accident, we are both dead, along with anyone else involved.

"I don't want to hear a fucking word from you, Samantha, I mean it. I warned you not to talk back to me, but you've done it again. I am so beyond infuriated, and I have finally had enough. You've pushed me to my limit, and I need to show you what happens when you disobey me."

We pull into a neighborhood, and my mind starts to race. What is he going to do? Drop me off at someone's house and let them kill me? At this point, I would accept my death.

"It's time for your first punishment, little bird," Harry says with a sick tone in his voice. There is no hiding how petrified I am as I furiously shake my head in denial, tears brimming my eyes, threatening fall.

He rips me out of the car and drags me up the steps to a house that looks abandoned. The house is completely boarded up and looks very dark inside. I am going to die, I know it. This is probably some drug lord's house.

"Harry, please," I cry, as he hushes me by holding a finger to his lips. His eyes still hold the darkness in them, but there is also a heat in them, almost as if he has been waiting for this. I hate seeing him this mad; it scares me more than anything.

"You are not dying today, love. But somebody else is," he snickers, a sinister grin taking over his face. What? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Harry steps back from the door before bringing his boot up and slamming his foot against it, ripping the door right off its hinges as a whimper falls from my lips.

I bring my hand to my mouth as I hear screaming from the inside. There are hiders in here. Harry looks at me with wild eyes and a smirk, before dragging me along inside. I desperately try to keep my feet planted, but he is way too strong.

"Jenn! Hide the kids!" I hear a petrified voice shout from a room further inside. Oh my god, this cannot be happening. He is going to make me watch him kill this poor family as my punishment.

I try to hold Harry back as he trudges along, but he doesn't budge, and I am forced to follow against my will, his grip tightly on my wrist. We make it into the living room where the husband is frantically shooing his wife and kids up the stairs. They scream in fear as they see us enter the room. Harry takes no time in pulling out his gun and firing it at the mother, with no hesitation or sympathy. The mother's body tumbles down the stairs as the kids screech and bolt up the stairs. I can only hope the kids find a good hiding spot and stay quiet.

I watch the father as he runs over to his wife, falling to his knees before her while crying and looking at me with sad, frightened eyes- almost as if I was the one that killed her. I immediately look away, too frightened and upset to watch him get murdered. Another gunshot pierces my ears, and I know that Harry just killed the father.