Chapter 53

***
Hi!! Please make sure you've read the previous chapters before this (I posted on Friday I think). It says I only have about 400 readers on chapter 52 which is incredibly low and I don't want any of you to miss anything. Thank you and enjoy!
***

Pulling into the familiar area, memories of my family and I fill my head, causing tears to fog my vision. It's just how I remembered it. The restaurant, the dock, the lake, the beach- it's all the same. I swallow back my tears and unfasten my seatbelt, trying to avoid Harry's gaze. We are currently parked in front of the restaurant and as I try to distract my mind from the faint memories, I notice that there are three other empty cars parked, which I assume are Niall, Liam, and Zayn's cars. We can't see the beach from where we are parked, but I know it will be the same from my past.

"Is everything okay?" Harry breaks the silence, extending his hand out towards mine to stop my rushed movements as I try to hastily grab my belongings while avoiding his stare. He knows me too well.

"Y-yup," I lie, trying to choke back a sob.

Harry turns off the car and turns his body so that it's faced towards me. His fingers intertwine with mine as his thumb gently skims over my skin. "It's your family, isn't it?"

 "It's your family, isn't it?"

"Yeah," I admit. "Coming back here is harder than I thought it would be. I figured that since the last time we came here together was like seven years ago, it wouldn't hurt as much, but I was so wrong."

I look out the window and pinch my eyes shut as images flash through my head of my brother and I racing towards the beach while my mom scolds us to slow down. I can even hear his laughter, causing my heart to break more.

"You don't have to try to hide your feelings, Samantha. I can see that you're hurting and I'm here for you. We can just go, if you want?" Harry offers, bringing my hand up to his lips as I shake my head, finally glancing towards him with tearful eyes.

"No, I'm okay. I can't avoid places like this forever. Plus, maybe it's best that I make new memories to replace the old ones," I sigh, blinking away my tears and forcing a smile.

 Plus, maybe it's best that I make new memories to replace the old ones," I sigh, blinking away my tears and forcing a smile