Chapter-39

^^Fan made cover by grazing_stars

Thank you❤❤

________________________________________

Lauren Hart

To say I was shocked would be an understatement.

How could Sean's parents be so insensitive? I always thought that my parents were worst at parenting but Sean's were more than worse.

I could never feel the hurt Sean must have felt. He was fighting for Ryan...alone. I wanted to be with him; support him but apparently, he wanted to handle it alone. Honestly, I respected his decision; I knew he didn't want Ryan and grandma to see the ugly argument. So, I had to bring them out of the room.

We were walking in the dimly lit corridor which would take us to the back of the mansion as grandma was very upset and wanted to be in the fresh air.

"Why were they shouting, Lauren?"

Ryan's sob caused me to halt walking and look down at him. My heart clenched watching him cry. I immediately bent on my knees and gave him a soothing hug.

"Stop crying buddy, they were just talking, okay?" I mumbled, looking up at grandma who had tears in her eyes as well. I lightly shook my head at her asking her not to shed tears in front of Ryan.

"No, Lauren they were fighting." Ryan pushed me gently and wiped his face. "She...she, I don't know who she is..." He hiccupped. "She told me she's my mom. But she is not good. I don't like her. She is not like you."

That bitch! She hadn't even met him nicely and he was already crying because of her.

I cupped his face with one hand and wiped his tears with the other. I had to encourage him, to bring his smile back as he didn't deserve all of this. "Hey, buddy. Don't think too much about it and let your uncle deal with it. You just concentrate on yourself. Eat, play, and repeat." I wore a toothy grin and winked at him, but I guess it wasn't enough as his face didn't lit up.

"I want to go with my uncle Sean." He sniffed while looking down at his shoes, fiddling with his fingers. "I want to stay with him." He whispered.

"And you will," I said determinedly. His eyes instantly shot up. "I will talk to your uncle. I will not let you stay here anymore, okay?" I encouraged him.

I was not sure if Sean would listen to me or not but this kid needed a stress-free and joyous life, not quarrelsome life.

"Promise?" He asked, hope dripping from his innocent eyes.

"I promise. And I do not break my promise." I said and he instantly embraced me, hiding his face in the crook of my neck. Grandma too tried to console him by rubbing his back soothingly.

Our mind was on Ryan when a shrill voice caused us to flinch in shock.

"Hey, you! Where do you think you are taking my son?!"

I didn't get the time to register where the voice came from and in an instant, I was detached from Ryan and pushed away making me land flat on my butt. The impact of the push was so hard that a sharp groan escaped my throat. My eyes closed on their own.

"What did I tell you, huh?! Didn't I tell you I AM YOUR MOTHER? Is it hard for you to fit this information into this tiny brain of yours!"

My eyes snapped open and what I saw boiled my blood at the highest temperature possible. That bitch had her filthy hand wrapped around Ryan's arm and he was crying uncontrollably, struggling to snap out of her grip.