Chapter-26

Sean Peterson

I parked the car in the parking lot of my edifice and stepped out of the car. I shut the door and hastily made my way towards the elevator for one I was excited to see my troublesome P.A and two, I saw Xavier and Daniel's cars just behind me. So, before they could catch me give me a torturing elevator ride to my office, I wanted to slip off.

I almost ran towards the elevator when I saw them parking their cars and was about to press the button to my floor when Daniel stepped on the threshold of the elevator so that the doors couldn't close.

"What's with the hurry, Sean babe?"

I glared at him and he stood there, smirking until Xavier stepped in. The door closed and they both stood either side of me.

"Were you trying to avoid us?" Xavier asked out of nowhere.

"No, why would I?"

"Because though you saw our cars, you were running from us," Daniel commented. "Afraid that we'll ask questions you have no answers to?" He had a tone full of playfulness.

"What questions and what answers? I have nothing to run from. Okay?" I dismissed his question and took out my phone to distract myself, but it was snatched from my hands by Xavier.

"What the—"

"What the what? Huh? You are gracing the office with your presence after a week and you don't have a minute to talk to your friends?" Xavier snapped.

I groaned and narrowed my eyes at him. "I have all the time for sensible talks, not for your nonsense."

Daniel scowled. "So, now we talk nonsense. You hurt me, Sean." He then grinned. "Well, it doesn't matter if it's nonsense or not. We will never stop eating your head."

I rolled my eyes. "Unfortunately, I know this very well."

"So cooperate." Xavier butted in.

"What exactly you two want to talk about?" I huffed thinking they won't give up unless they hear they wanted to hear.

"Ah, now we are talking." Daniel got excited as he rubbed his palms against each other. "So, you are here which means Lauren is here as well."

I knew it!

I gave him a deathly glare. "Dan—"

"You were rushing to see her, weren't you?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Aw, can't wait to see your lovely P.A?" Xavier nudged me.

Glaring, I snatched my phone back from his hands. "Of course, I have to see her... for work purpose, because she's my P.A. as you said."

They shouldn't know about my attraction to Lauren.

"Work, yeah." Daniel rubbed his jaw with his palm. "She works for you. Umm, care to share what work she did for you at your home...in private. Any funny business—"

I grabbed his neck and pushed him against the wall. "Stop with your nonsense." He started to laugh. Xavier grabbed me from behind, laughing.

"Hey, hey, no violence Sean." He pulled me back. "By the way, he asked nothing wrong." He laughed harder and I groaned. "Tell us did you two—ow," He groaned when I nudged his side, hard.

"No talking about her." I snapped at both of them who were still laughing, clutching their stomach.

"Aw, possessive. How cute, Sean." I almost lunged again on Daniel but the elevator dinged and I marched out before I could murder him. He was tempting me to do so.