Chapter-28

Sean Peterson

"What the hell are you doing here?"

Unaffected by my anger she grinned widely.
"Is this how you speak to your family, Sean?"

"You are not my family!" I seethed, keeping my tone in check. I didn't want to create a scene. Although it was a private parking lot, still there were guards.

"Why? I am your sister-in-law, your brother's wife, which means I am entitled to your family."

"Shut the fuck up! You are nothing to me and never will be. You are dead to me and my family." I took slow steps toward her while pointing a finger at her.

"Ouch! That hurts." She pressed her hand over her heart, still grinning. What a shameless bitch!

I glared at her for a while, her smirking face was building range inside me. My brother and Ryan's face flashed before my eyes. She disappeared in thin air and left her eight months old son alone to other's responsibility. She left him saying she couldn't spend her life taking care of a child locked in four walls. She ran away, leaving her son with the people who don't have time for him.

She didn't turn back since then, not even once...and she dared to show me her fucking face now?. From her outfit, it seemed as if she had come from a beach vacation. Relishing on my brother's money. Bitch!

"I thought after five years I'd receive a warm welcome, but..." She sighed. "Doesn't matter... I kinda expected this." She chuckled.

"What are you doing here?" I asked again. The level of anger had already reached the limit.

"Oh, yeah." She removed her eyeglasses and put them in her handbag then she stepped near me and crossed her arms. Dramatic.

"I heard that you have been showing interest in my son." She said as she looked into my eyes. "I wonder what could be the reason?" She tapped her chin dramatically.

"He's my nephew. And you are calling him your son?" I scoffed. "Remember you flew away with the money leaving him behind? Ryan doesn't even remember you; he doesn't know what his mother looks like."

She laughed. "Oh, it won't take long for me to tell him who his mother is. He's a child—my child; he'll believe what he's told."

"Like hell I'll let you anywhere near him!" I roared.

"You are not the one to decide that." She narrowed her eyes at me, trying to intimidate me. I scoffed. As if I was going to be intimidated by her.

"Oh, believe me, I am the one," I smirked.

"His mother is alive which means no one but his mother will decide for him." She pointed a finger at herself. Then she chuckled. "And what is it making you shower your love on my son? Your direct relation to my son is dead—"

"Fucking shut your filthy mouth." I snapped and stepped closer to her, giving her a deathly glare. "The one you are talking about was my brother. Your husband. Ryan's father. Show some respect for the dead. And if you can't then fucking don't speak."

"Whatever." She waved her hand. "I was just here to warn you. Don't have your eyes on my son's property. It belongs to me and my son. No one can take it away from us."

"The property and shares belong to Ryan and only Ryan, not you, not me, not bloody anyone. And you are not going anywhere near Ryan." I gritted menacingly.

"Let's see who stops me from meeting my son and getting what's mine."

"You—"

"Hey, cool down." She raised her hands, confusing me about her intentions. "If you are worried that I'd go introduce me to my son right now then you are going to need to calm down because I'm not doing it now."