Chapter-20

^^Fan-made cover for my story Entangled.
Thank you Dash4120...
I love it❤❤❤

__________________________________________

Sean Peterson

"Surprise."

It felt like my eyes permanently became wide as my eyelids had refused to come down. My heart raced in panic... because there stood the whole gang.

Eloise and Daniel Adams with their son Travis. Ariana and Xavier Knight with their daughter Amara, hugging her piggy plush toy. All having a huge smile on their faces.

"Why do you look like you have seen a ghost, Sean?" Daniel's comment forced me to blink.

I cleared my throat. "Wh..what are you all doing here?" I tried to act calm but from inside I was panicking.

"Don't act like you don't know why we are here," Xavier said nonchalantly and I gulped.

"Well, uh, you should have informed me about your arrival." I frowned and tried to block their view inside. As if it would help!

"What type of friends we'd be if we inform before arriving ?" Daniel grinned.

"And besides, you were making excuses," Xavier commented. "And we bought dinner." They all raised their hands showing bags of food. "Now, get aside."

Before I could come up with an excuse to send them away from the doorstep...they pushed past me.

Fuck!

I frantically slammed the door shut to run back and save the situation but -

"Lauren?"

"Miss Hart?"

-I was too late.

I mentally groaned and slowly walked up to them to come face to face with their stunned expressions and Lauren's horrified one.

"What in the colorful world is going on here?" Daniel and Xavier threw the question at both of us.

"Lauren, what are you doing here?" Ariana asked in confusion.

"We thought you had flu then what are you doing here and most importantly... at this time?" Eloise asked.

I saw Lauren gulp in panic as she shifted on her feet. She then gazed at me with her wide eyes, probably asking me for an answer, but what could have I said to her? I too was robbed off of the words.

"I...I.." She stuttered.

"Goodness, don't tell me you lied to us, Lauren," Eloise exclaimed loudly.

"You look perfectly fine then why did you lie to us? Why didn't you want us to visit you at your place?" Ariana questioned.

I stood there trying to avoid eye contact with Daniel and Xavier who were suspiciously gazing at me, completely uninterested in the questioning session going on with Lauren. Their faces showed that they wanted a questioning session with me too. And I wasn't ready for it.

All of a sudden, I came up with an idea of lying to them, again, that she came for work purpose, however, for a second I forgot that we had a kid living with us too.

"Lauren, I found your phone. It was indeed in your room. I found it on your bed."

The end.

__________________________________________

Lauren Hart

I was doomed.