Chapter-11

Lauren Hart

I knew it! I knew that it would be a mess. Working from home is a mess! It had not been an hour he left for work I was already getting calls from Scott, Mr. Adam's P.A regarding the documents he couldn't find on my desk. Obviously, everything would be in disorder as only I knew where I had kept all the important papers and files. Even Mr. Knight's tenth new P.A was of no help. Only if my boss had given me time to arrange things.

Anyhow, I managed to guide Scott to reach the documents before the meeting could start. Sighing in relief, I shut the laptop and rubbed my aching forehead.

"Work stress?" I jerked in surprise when I heard grandma's voice. I still wasn't used to be around her or Ryan.

"Yes. It's really hard to work from home." I said as I adjusted myself on the couch. "Where's Ryan?"

"Oh, he's in the room; busy coloring his cartoon book." She said as she sat on the couch beside me. "Tell me, Lauren, how is it to work for Sean? And be honest."

"I can be brutally honest, grandma." I chuckled, teasing.

She laughed. "Oh, believe me, I want you to be. I really want to know the negatives of my grandson. An employee working closer to the boss is the right choice to know about the boss's actual attitude."

I don't know why but I was excited. I was filled with annoyance and I wanted to let it all out. And telling grandma how evil her grandson was, seemed so satisfying to me.

"Truthfully, this the best job I could ever get but..." I then smirked evilly. "...working with Mr. Peterson is not the best experience I received."

"And why is that?" She raised her curious eyebrows, totally getting interested in the conversation.

"He's you know, grumpy." A scowl involuntarily formed on my face. "He's...he's like... always grumbling and is a workaholic robot. He doesn't have emotions when it comes to working. I mean he thinks that he has employed robots, he wants them to work 24/7; sometimes don't even give lunch breaks. And when he's angry; I dare you to go closer to him, still everyone sends me to the devil alone as no one has the guts to face him. And when he goes on his silent mode, no one can bring him back to talk. He wants everyone to dance to his tunes like he's making me do. He's obnoxious, arrogant, and...he's extremely annoying, I tell you." I breathed.

"Still you never thought of leaving the job!" It was a statement rather than a question. There was a satisfying smile playing on her lips.

"I...I told you it's the best job I could ever get and besides, except him, everyone is friendly." I mentally scolded myself for being overly excited. For god sake, Lauren, it's his grandma you complained to.

She stared at me, intently, making me a mess of nervousness. The smile still hadn't left her lips.

"So..." She raised a finger. "He's annoying..." Another finger. "Obnoxious..." Another. "Grumpy..." And another. "Complaining and what not?"

I knew I was going to be in trouble still I chose to nod my head in agreement, confidently might I add.

"Still you chose to stay at his place that too without complaining."

I felt like her words were dipped in red color because as soon as they hit me I turned red. I was blushing deeply. I averted her eyes, "I...I was in desperate need of a place and when he proposed to stay at his place I couldn't deny."

"I totally understand you, dear." She nodded her head I don't know in understanding or mocking.

"Grandma...uh, please don't tell this to him; he'd fire me from the job." I pleaded.