Chapter-49

Lauren Hart

Four days to the wedding; all the arrangements were done. The venue, my dress, Sean and Ryan's suits, theme, cake, everything was done. Sean had been supervising preparations to make it my dream wedding. The gang, Christy, grandma, and my sister helped us with the preparations. I had been freaking out as well because I too had been running here and there to shop, for other work and office work, and not to forget Ryan. Sean and I had to look after him as well since we couldn't leave him alone, we took him everywhere we went.

Now when almost everything was done, Sean ordered me to rest since I had been exerting myself too much; exhaustion was visible on my face. So, I had been sitting on my bed scrolling through the laptop, reading an official document secretly because if Sean saw me working he would get mad. Ryan was sitting beside me crossed-legged playing with his cardboard puzzle. I kept myself engaged with him by having small talks but all I received was short answers. Initially, I ignored but when he began to give me one-word answers I couldn't help but get worried about his behavior.

I placed my laptop aside and crossed my legs. "Ryan?" I called him. He ceased his game and craned his neck up to look at me.

"Yes, mom?"

"Why are you so quiet, buddy?" I asked.

As if he didn't get the actual meaning behind the question, he frowned. "Because my concentration is on the game."

I sighed. "I have told you many times, buddy, don't just play puzzles. You need to be more active, speak more." I said. Kids of his age are curious and ask tons of questions about everything but he doesn't.

He dropped the puzzle piece on the bed and pouted. "Who do I play with, mom? You and dad remain busy with work most of the time and puzzle is the only game I can play alone."

That hit me...hard. God, we were equally responsible for his silence. Damn, how could we forget that he had no one to play with if we remained busy. I needed to talk to Sean urgently.

And as if Sean heard my mental voice which was calling for him, he entered the room. My eyes switched to Ryan who had gone back to his game. I sprung out of the bed and stood before Sean.

"You seem worried, what happened?" Sean asked quietly. Frowning, I looked at him.

"Sean, I feel horrible. We got so busy with work and wedding preparations that we forgot about Ryan. He doesn't say a word but he's feeling lonely. I am worried."

Sean's face dripped and he looked over to my shoulder; I followed his gaze as well. "He said that he has no one to play with when I asked him. We have to do something, Sean. We have to make him more active." I whispered in concern.

"Yeah, you are right." He sighed. Our gaze locked again. "What can we do? Grandma would be so mad if she gets to know this." I said.

"All we can do is make more time for him." He said. "We will have to cut time from work to be with him." He proposed. I nodded my head absent-mindedly.

"By the way, I have one more idea to make him active and he won't be lonely anymore."

As he said that my eye lit up and a smile made its way to my lips. "What is it?" I asked in excitement.

To my surprise, he pulled me to him by my waist. "We can give him someone to play with." He mumbled, his eyes beaming.

"Oh, okay?" I muttered, not understanding him completely. "And that 'someone' is...?" I raised my eyebrows.

He smirked and inched his face forward taking it to my left ear. "A sibling." He whispered.

A small gasp escaped my throat, my heartbeat picked up the pace. A sibling... means...a child.
My senses came to alert mode and my mind immediately went to weird things happening to me; too much exhaustion, a little bit of dizziness but the most important being my missing period.