three. reply

the next afternoon lily walked by the park to see if she got her response

the next afternoon lily walked by the park to see if she got her response. her hopes were up, which she told herself she wouldn't do but oh well. turning the corner, finally seeing the willow tree, she squinted to see if she could see a white paper. but she didn't.

as she got closer though, she noticed a whit elapse sticking out of a loose branch and she ran up to it.

it was just above her height so she jumped a bit and grabbed the note. she read the front to make sure it wasn't her own writing that said 'spiderman'

but it wasn't.

it said 'willow?' in neat but also messy handwriting.

dear... willow?,

      i don't know who to write this too but i'm gonna guess that your name is willow, because it was a willow tree and it's a little popular i don't know haha.

     i do like this whole pen pal idea, it brings me back to the second grade. when you would write a letter to a random person and somehow they would write back. well now you can't really go on omegle and talk to someone because that's to dangerous, to me they seem the same.

      i hope you're a girl... and my age and not some random guy off the streets who wrote this while high or drunk. but i thought it was cute and nice.

       i guess i'll give you a little clue every now and then so here is your first one, i live with my aunt. i mean that might sound bad, but i promise i'm not some 30 year old who lives with his aunt no haha. but there's my little clue i guess

it was nice to meet you and hopefully i'll get another letter soon, i'll be checking:)

yours truly,
           ~ spiderman

lily held the note and smiled, she really did hope this was spiderman and she wasn't actually writing to some perv who likes high school girls.

she stopped by the book store before heading to the tower, looking over the books she wanted to read for the next year. she just looked around until her favorite authors book caught her eye, the first book that she saw was paper towns. she sped walked over to the shelf they were on and looked over all the books. she pretty much read them all, looking for alaska, paper towns, the fault in our stars, and let it snow. she still wanted to read will grayson will grayson, so that was the book she chose for today.

grabbing the book off the shelf, she turned and walked towards the cashier with her card in hand. she placed the book on the counter and cashier scanned it, "did you find everything alright?" she asked

"yes! i did," lily smiled and put the card into the reader. about fifteen seconds later the reader buzzed and she took the card out, and got handed the bag and receipt. "thank you have a great day!"

"you too," she smiled as lily walked outside.

lily arrived at the tower, finally reaching her bedroom. she placed down the book on her bed and switched clothes to comfortable ones, and took her makeup off, washing her face.

she went back to her bed, laid down and began to read.

about three chapters in she was called out to dinner and she ate with pepper but tony was in the lab that night. after eating she went back to her room and laid down reading maybe two more chapters then falling asleep.

kk speaks!
hey:) i'm just gonna post this really fast, but i hope everyone has a great day and i love you all!

published: 2-2-21
edited:
word count: 627