seventeen. a letter

lily was sleeping on the very thin hard mattress when someone had opened the door

lily was sleeping on the very thin hard mattress when someone had opened the door. they walked in and started to bang pans together causing her to jolt up.

"wake up," the person spit and turned back around, almost walking out.

she needed to ask her question so she quickly spoke trying to stop him, "WAIT!" they turned around. "can i please write one letter to peter? just one?" she begged, she needed to talk to someone.. and he was the only person she could think of

the person thought about it for a moment, "i don't know..." they trailed off. "okay fine, but we will have security watching you at all times, you will not receive your letter back from him, i will read your letter beforehand so you do not share any information about what is happening here and where it is," they're tone was harsh so they could get their point across.

"okay, i just want to write to him one last time," she nodded her head.

he looked out the door and back at her, "okay i'll get you a pencil and paper," he walked out for 5 minutes or so and walked back with paper and pen.

dear peter,

hey pete... i just wanted to say... i don't know. i miss you. i Hate being away from You for so long i feel like we're together everyDay.

      i've got a good book for you to Read well more than one actually. the fiRst is called pAper towns, by john green, he's Great. but you shOuld just read all of his books They're the best. that was kinda randOm i don't know what else to write i feel very distaNt...

      i wIsh i could see you and ned soon, but i don't know if i should be headinG back yet.. i just, i'm not ready. i Hope you're taking notes in class because i'll probably need Them when i'm ready to come back home.

tell my mom and dad i love them and i miss you and them so much peter...

sincerely,
~lily

they were in the car heading to the park that she left letters at. they had her in a blindfold so she wouldn't know where they were at but it failed when they turned the gps on saying the location of the place they were at.

"what the fuck man, she could've heard that," the guy in the passengers seat hit him hard in the arm.

"shut up no she didn't, i bet she's crying again anyways," the guy replied, but he was wrong. she heard everything about the address and now had it replaying in her mind over and over.

"can i read the letter," the hooded man asked and she nodded, he took it from her hands and skimmed over it, seeing only sappy things nothing more. "okay that's cleared,"

"thank you again," she forced a smile still trying to focus on the address.

"you're welcome," they answered with a monotone voice.

the man didn't ask for the pen back.. so she didn't give it up. plus it was going to come in handy anyway.

once they got to the park they let her take the blindfold off and let her get out of the car

"remember we have eyes watching you okay?" he warned

"okay then i'm just gonna write his name on the front of this envelope is that okay?" she asked

he hesitated but just shrugged as an okay.

she put peters name on the front and showed the man and he nodded and she walked to the tree. while they were quite far away she turned the envelope over and put the address and license plate on it. she carefully placed the note on the tree and hoped he still went there everyday.

she smiled at it and turned back, looking at the ground, heading to the car.

"lily?" she heard a gasp, she looked up at the person who said her name. her gaze met peter parker. her eyes quickly widened and she shook her head.

"no... not now, i have to go. just read the note," she said while looking back at the ground not calling attention to herself. and peter hesitated it nodded, continuing to walk.

he trusted her.

lily stepped in the car and the hooded man stared at her, she could tell because she got the feeling in the back of her neck when someone is looking at you while you're looking somewhere else.

"did they speak to you," the man said in a flat voice

"no. i think they thought they recognized me but then kept going, i don't think i caused any suspicion," she replied hoping she was convincing enough.

the man just stared at her for a while longer then shook his head and handed her the blindfold again.

they drove to the place and put her back inside her cell, and came every now and then for a check up and food, but after what felt like years, she fell asleep.

kk speaks
i have to take a spoken spanish test:(

published: 2-16-21
edited:
word count: 861