twenty-seven. spring dance

happy stopped in front of the school and turned around to them, "i'll be here around 9:30 to pick you both up

happy stopped in front of the school and turned around to them, "i'll be here around 9:30 to pick you both up."

"okay happy," lily and peter both nodded and peter got out of the car running over to lily's side.

he opened the door for her and she grabbed his hand stepping out.

they walked into the school building hand in hand. first taking the picture together, and then walking through the gym doors.

they spotted ned and mj immediately, mj of course flipping them both off and lily quickly flipping her off back.

"hellooooo everyone!!! let's get this party started!" flash announced to the crowd, he was the dj.

the four friends moved over to a table, they ate little snacks and drank the punch the school had organized.

gosh just kept playing a bunch of trending songs, none of which lily felt like dancing to right now she honestly just wanted to hang out for a bit and then dance.

"so mj you look really nice! absolutely love your suit!!" lily complemented and mj thanked her, while complementing the dress lily had on.

"how about some slow songs??!" flashed yelled into the mic and peter looked at lily.

"hey you.. me... out there?" peter nervously asked.

"is this your way of asking me to dance?" lily replied and peter nodded. lily giggled and grabbed peters hang dragging him to the gym floor.

"i don't know how to dance," peter whispered.

"it's okay, i'm not that good i just know a little bit,"lily started to explain how his feet should move and after a song peter got the hang of it.

"highly requested, here's one more slow song!" flash said into the mic and 'tale as old as time' started to play.

"okay. did you tell him to do this?" lilt looked at peter and peter looked shocked.

"no! there's probably more beauty and the beast lovers," he giggled and they both danced to that one too.

"lily..." peter whispered in the middle of the song.

"yes favorite?" she asked looking into his eyes.

"i like you so much i cant even explain," he said, honesty shining in his eyes.

"i like you so much more," lily hugged him and peter smiled. he felt his stomach erupt in a warm feeling. it felt tingly but nice, he felt at home.

when the song ended, i feel better when i'm dancing started playing and peter and lily started to jump up and down signing the lyrics.

"i love how we went from peaceful to jumping up and down," lilt laughed out of breath.

"same. okay i need to sit down," he said tired of jumping for a minute straight.

"did y'all have fun??" ned asked the two and lily nodded.

"yes! okay be for real right now. did one of you guys request the beauty and the beast song?" lilt looked at the two.

"no," mj answered giving lily a look of questioning. "why?"

"idk i was just wondering," lily shrugged looking at everyone dancing.

"okay time to announce the "king" and "queen"," flash said using quotations because it wasn't actual prom or any big dance.

"the king is.... grayson!!!" flash announced and the spotlight found him in the crowd.

"the queen goes toooooo..... lily!!" the spotlight shown on her and she civered her face.

"oh my gosh," she whispered embarrassment evident in her voice. she walked up to the stage feeling anxious and flash placed a plastic crown on her head.

she waved at peter and everyone clapped.

flash started to play music again. lily hugged grayson with congratulations, and quickly ran over to peter, bed, and mj.

"i'm so proud of you lilybug," peter smiled.

"as you should be," lily joked.

"but how did i even win um," lily covered her face with her hands.

"i may have slipped in a few cheating cards," mj innocently replied. "but it was only three cards so there must have been more votes,"

they all laughed and talked more until they noticed the time.

"oh shoot," peter said looking at the time, "it's about 9:25 we gotta head out there."

"oh yeah, i forgot. we're gonna go watch some movies and eat chocolate," lily nodded excitedly.

"okay bye you two!" ned waved and the two walked out to find happys car.

"you have a crown," happy pointed out and lily smiled explaining what happened.

"my daughter was the queen?!" tony clapped and lily hugged him laughing.

"i'm just the best yknow," lilt shrugged and giggled after.

"yes you are," peter nodded in agreement.

"okay i'm gonna go change and keep this crown forever," lilt ran into her room to change into sweat and a shirt.

"okay ill get the snacks then it's movie time peter!" lily cheered as she walked to the kitchen.

kk speaks!
hey y'all.. so i'm not in the best mood right now. just found out my two friends in my trio, made the team and i didn't. so yeah but here's a cute cute chapter.

published: 2-26-21
edited:
word count: 850