thirteen. a break

lily woke up to a knock on her window

lily woke up to a knock on her window. she already knew who it was, so she just closed her eyes again. but about fifteen seconds later there was another knock.

she quickly sat up throwing the blankets off her. she quietly stomped to the window and opened it. "what. do. you. want." she asked very annoyed.

"please let me explain," he climbed into the window and lily rolled her eyes. but she let him in, it would be bad if someone saw him on the side of the stark tower.

"yeah okay go," lily sat on her bed, her arms crossed.

peter was silent for a second, he took his mask off and finally spoke. "look i wanted to tell you.. but your dad said that i shouldn't even have told may or ned. even though they found out on accident, like you did. god i'm horrible at this," he started pulling at small pieces of hair. "i'm so sorry," he said looking in her direction.

lily was sad seeing peter sad.. and some of it was her fault. but she might've just needed a break for awhile, they are in high school there is a lot of stuff to focus on.

"i'm so sorry peter.. but i feel like i need a mental break. not just because of you, but with school and everything. i just kinda want to be alone for awhile," lily whispered and peter slowly nodded.

"oh okay.. i'm sorry," he spoke, putting his mask on and climbed out of the window.

the next day lily walked the halls of school alone. peter tried to walk up to her a few times but then stopped himself and walked away. lily took notice of that, she was a little hurt at first, but she was the one who told him that she needed a break.

finally school was out and they had a week off of school for christmas break. lily walked out the schools front doors, feeling the chill once she stepped outside. she stood there for about five minutes before spotting happy car, she walked up to the door and got in.

time skip because yeah yeah🥳

it was christmas eve, four days into break, and lily hasn't answered any of peters texts checking in on her. she also never went to the park, which was unusual because she went to the park everyday since she's remembered.

but today, since tomorrow was christmas she decided her break was finally over. she got a piece of paper out and started to write.

dear.. spiderman,

hey.. um long time no write. look i'm so sorry, you had your reasons to hid it and i had my reasons to hide my secret.

but uh, merry christmas!! i know i'll probably text you after this but i just wanted to say it. i hope you have an amazing christmas, and i can't wait to see you after the break!

   through this break thing, i've missed you a lot trust me, i just i'm sorry. i shouldn't have pushed you away at all. and i know that maybe if i just kept you close then we might not be kinda distant after this. and i understand if you don't want to be my friend anymore.

   i've been kinda crappy, i should've just trust you and told you. and it's really partially my fault because i kept a secret from you, so you have every right to be upset too. i just.. sometimes i don't really know how to control my emotions and that's gonna suck later on but hopefully we will stay good friends:)

    but when you get this... could you meet up again later, hopefully you actually get this before then. but can we meet again later at like three o'clock ish? so we can break that whole.. break, i took. i hope you say yes. just meet at our willow tree and then we can go grab coffee or something.

    there's not much more i can think to write. so have a great day! and i miss you. oh and again i'm sorry, hopefully you'll forgive me?

yours truly,
~lily

lily folded the letter and put the note in the envelope. she picked up her phone after and went to peters messages.

"i'm so sorry.." lily sent

"hey! you've got me worried, what are you sorry about?" he responded

"this break, i should've never pushed you away. i'm gonna leave a note for you in the morning. i'm only saying that so you can get it in the morning before three"

"what's at three?" he asked.

"you'll see:)" she typed and that was the last message she sent him, before going to sleep

kk speaks!
hello best friends:) two movies came out that i have been waiting awhile for soooo yay!! to all the boys forever and always, and the map of tiny things

published: 2-12-21
edited:
word count: 825