twenty-one. scavenger hunt

it was finally third hour, the free period for the whole school, most people went to study hall, some people went outside for a bit and the others went to the library

when she walked out of her second hour classroom, everyone in her year looked at her smiling and then away whispering. these actions caused lily to become anxious so she went to the bathroom to see if there was something in her hair or on her face. she looked in the mirror and admired how good she looked today (a/n: we love self confidence mhm), so she walked out bumping into someone.

"oh my gosh i'm so sorry," she back away and looked at the persons face, but she was met with ned.

"oh hey lily!" he smiled at her and gave her a side hug.

"hey ned, do you know where peter is?"

ned thought about his answer and then replied with, "i don't think ive seen him yet.. but uh he told me last night to give this to you just in case he had study hall for this hour," ned handed lily a letter

"oh okay, thanks," she accepted the letter and smiled at him.

"go ahead and read if, but i gotta go get my stuff together," ned waved her goodbye and then headed in the opposite direction. the next class didn't start until another thirty or so minutes so she opened the letter.

dear lilybug,

          hi lily:) i hope you are having an amazing day! but today i have a little scavenger hunt for you during free hour... uh and the next class probably starts soon so hurry up

first clue: go to the place we first met.

yours truly,

-peter

lily folded up the note and quickly walked down the hall to her science class, mr steven. she walked up to the teachers desk, where he sat. mr steven looked up and smiled, "i believe i have something for you."

"i hope so," she let out a small laugh, and he handed her a lily flower and a note.

dear lily billy,

that one was easy and most of them are probably going to be anyway just because we don't have time to have hard clues.

second clue: the place we had our first lunch together, is the place you'll find the next flower and clue.

yours truly,
-peter

lily thought about it for a second, she couldn't remember if they had it in the cafeteria or in the halls... oh wait she had it with him in the west stairwell by the cafeteria.

she rushed over there because there was only twenty-four minutes til class, and she didn't know how many clues there would be.

on the bottom of the stairs sat a healthy lily flower and a note.

dear lily pad,
second to last clue til the finish!
(a/n: because i can't think of anything else to do😭😭)

third clue: a locker number that always makes you cry
(a/n: also sorry tmr fans)

yours truly,

-peter

lily knew what he was talking about because he would always slightly make fun of her for tearing up at the sight of the number two hundred fifty.

she looked around hoping to find it soon, when she finally spotted it there was a flower and note hanging out of the little vent of the locker.

(a/n: funny story time, my friend and i did locker notes and she accidentally put it in the wrong locker... so we had to have a teacher take it out and give it to me-)

she took the lily and note out of the vent thingy and opened up the note

dear silly lily,

      okay last clue, i hope you're wearing.. waterproof, whatever you put on your eyelashes because you might get sad but that's okay

last clue: go to the classroom we both make 11:11 wishes

yours truly,

-peter

lily laughed because they would always go to this one class during 3rd hour to study and make 11:11 wishes. another funny thing is she looked at the clock and it read 11:08

it took her about two minutes til she got there.

she opened the door and saw a very nervous peter parker standing in the middle of the room holding a lily, with a bunch of people along the walls filming. he looked at the time that just changed to 11:11, he paused a moment, like he was wishing and then began to speak.

"lily, will you make my 11:11 wish come true, and be my girlfriend... and also go to the dance," he smiled and lily slightly laughed at how nervous he was

"of course you big dummy," she smiled walking up to him and gave him a huge hug. everyone started clapping and cheering and lily just got nervous and smiled awkwardly at all of the people around her

today was definitely the best day ever

kk speaks!!
i absolutely loved writing this chapter<3

published: 2-20-21 (happy birthday miss olivia rordrigo<3)
edited:
word count: 855