nineteen. nightmares

lily had gotten the okay to stayed over with peter, so that's exactly what she did

they spent the whole time together, except when peter had to do a quick check of the city before coming straight back to her.

now the two lay on his couch with the tv on, lily was still awake watching brooklyn nine-nine while peter was semi falling asleep.

she had gotten through at least 2 more episodes before finding herself fall asleep as well. so she got up, turned the tv off and lightly tapped peter.

"peter, we gotta go to bed," she whispered in his ear. he slightly sat up and slowly walked with you to his room and immediately laid down on the bed. she laughed as he plopped down and she climbed into the medium sized bed next to him.

once she laid down, he pulled her closer to him so lily wouldn't fall. she closed her eyes and started to relax, then she felt a hand start to play with her hair softly, but she didn't move. she just relaxed more into his hand, and finally dozed off.

around three in the morning, lily slightly rolled out of bed on accident and woke up. she stood up and started to climb back into the bed. but peter wasn't there. lily wiped her eyes and looked around the room.

she didn't see him anywhere, and the door was wide open.

she walked into the living room turning on her phone light. she walked closer to the couch and noticed his sleeping figure. so she turned her phone light dimmer and came closer to him.

before touching his hair, she started to move, speaking a little bit but quiet and it didn't sound like actual words.

he continued to move more until he finally relaxed and she just sat there making sure nothing else happened.

lily finally decided just to go back to bed, so she turned the light off and began to walk to his room. but before she made it far. peter quickly awoke sitting up, scaring her, causing a small quiet yelp to come out.

"lily?!" peter got up, not knowing where he was, so she quickly came over to him. he hugged her close and started to ask, "are you okay? did someone hurt you? what happened? why did you scream?"

"peter it's okay i'm okay, i promise. sorry i just woke up and you weren't there so i wanted to find you, and you were in here. but then you were moving and speaking, i didn't know what to do. and then you woke up and scared me," lily explained why she had made a small scream.

"sorry, i must've slept walked or something. i just had the worst dream," he massaged his temples.

"i'm sorry," lily hugged him. she let go and led him to his room again, and shut the door a bit, so it wasn't closed all the way but still wasn't wide open (a/n:three inches🥲) then she sat him down and then hugged him once again.

"do you want to talk about it?" lily asked in a hushed voice.

he didn't answer at first but then slowly nodded, "you were... you were gone again. i woke up and you weren't there and i searched everywhere for you. they took you again, and it was on my watch. i just. i cant lose you again, that's why i got so scared when you screamed a bit," he looked down, starting to cry a bit.

"peter it's okay, i'm right here. that's all that matters. look at me," she titled his head up so they met eye contact. "no matter what happens, it will never be your fault okay? remember that. what happened at the park was my fault, i should've had happy take me, but i didn't. none of this was your fault. and if you're still upset about me finding out you were spiderman the way i did... there's no need to be. i've put it behind me and i'm just glad i found out sooner than later," she rambled on trying to make him feel better.

this next part took peter by surprise. somehow lily had put her lips on his, after this she quickly realized what she had done and pulled away.

"sorry," she whispered, and shook her head.

"no it's okay.. i just.." peter trailed off.

"it was a bad time, you probably don't like me or anything i just didn't know what to do. i just wanted you to know that you wouldn't lose me again and that it wasn't your fault" she started to explain but he just smiled and looked down, obviously blushing a bit

"no it's not that, i just.. i've been trying to build up the confidence to kiss you but you made it seem so easy.." he laughed a bit and she just smiled.

they both hugged for a little while longer, "but remember i will always be here okay? you have nothing to worry about. and none of that was your fault," she pulled away to look at him to see if he understood and he nodded. they both laid down and lily drew figure eights on his hand for a few minutes then fell back to sleep.

kk speaks!
hey😼 i literally can't wait til conans song later omg

published: 2-18-21
edited:
word count: 909