thirty-four. underestimate

late at night, tony had received a phone call from an unknown number

tony was skeptical at first but answered anyway, "hello?"

there was a small reply and tony was astonished, "oh my gosh! um yeah okay i'll go, i'll be right there"

he had gotten into the car and quickly drove to the park to pick up a certain package for a little spiderman

tony walked up the stairs to peters apartment building, not really sure how he was going to explain this at all. he had worn a very nice suit for this occasion, hoping that by the end of the day they could all go out for dinner.

he stepped into the elevator clicking the button for peters floor, he only remembered because lily had told him many times how long it felt going up only a few floors.

he fixed his hair up a bit and walked to the door he hoped was peters. it had a taken a minute until peter opened the door, he looked horrible.

"hey kid.." tony trailed off, and peter gave him a small smile. before anything else happened tony pulled peter in for a hug

"what-" peter started to say but relaxed into the hug, "this feels nice,"

"clean yourself up okay?" tony pulled away first, slightly pushing peter to go get ready.

"oh uh okay, why?" peter asked.

"well i wanted to take you out for dinner for awhile, maybe bring aunt may," he tried to convince him but peter just shrugged.

"i don't know.. yeah i guess, lily didn't want me to be all gloomy. i'll go get ready," he turned to the bathroom and started to get ready.

tony sat on the couch where aunt may was, and explained his plans for the dinner tonight.

once peter was dressed in a simple shirt and jeans, he walked out of his room. tony was still waiting on the couch for him and looked up when he saw two feet walk in front of him.

"ready to go?" tony asked

"yeah, where's aunt may?" he looked around.

"oh i told her to go ahead and go to the car, happys with her," tony explained and peter chuckled at the thought of happy and may trying to make awkward conversation.

the two walked out of the apartment, peter locking up behind them, and walked to the elevators.

tony was actually quite excited, which peter took note of. peter found it pretty weird for him... shouldn't he be upset? but he brushed off the thought. tony was just trying to push his emotions aside for now probably.. unless.

they walked out of the building to the running car in the front. peter went to the other side in the back because aunt may was already sitting in the back on the passenger side. and tony got in the passengers seat greeting happy.