twenty-three. date

there was a knock at lily's door, she opened it to find peter

there was a knock at lily's door, she opened it to find peter. "PETER!" she hugged him tightly.

"ow," he flinched and she quickly stepped back.

"oh my gosh, i forgot i'm so sorry," she quickly apologized feeling guilty.

"hey, it's okay," he shrugged and she smiled still feelings bad. "um so i thought we should go on a little date because we have your birthday tomorrow and then i have plans with aunt may after that," he explained fumbling with his fingers.

"yeah of course! um do you know what we're doing?" lily asked.

"yes. it's nothing fancy or anything but i think you'll love it. i'll tell mr. stark that we're going," he smiled and walked out of the room.

lily quickly changed into black jeans and a floral shirt.
(a/n: not to be that "pick me" girl but uh i love jeans and floral shirts...)

she took her hair out of a bun, and combed through it. she took one last look in the mirror seeing how cute she looked and walked out of her room.

"hey dad, hi peter," she greeted.

"be back by 8. keep her safe kid, most importantly have fun, but not to much fun," he eyed the both of them. "happy is waiting for you."

lily hugged tony goodbye and walked with peter to happys car.

once in the car peter whispered the place to happy and happy nodded. "you're mean," lily pouted because peter wouldn't tell her where they were going.

happy stopped the car in front of a small diner. "oh my gosh," lily smiled, while peter quickly got out of the car and opened her door. it was one of the diners that sell breakfast and milkshakes.. her favorite one. "okay who told you?"

"i have my ways," peter replied, helping her out.

"whatever," lily playfully rolled her eyes and they both walked in.

"i'll get um.. two small regular pancakes with a side of fruit," lily answered the waitress. "and um with a strawberry milkshake,"

"oh i'll get the same thing," peter nodded and the waitress smiled at the two.

"okay right up," she said walking towards the kitchen.

it was just peter, lily, and two other couples, so it wasn't that busy.

"copy cat," she said to peter, talking about her order.

"what just sounds good to me," peter shrugged.

after talking about how peter planned this the waitress came out with the two orders, "enjoy your meal!"

"thank you," lily replied and grabbed her fork and knife.

about ten or so minutes they both finished eating and were now playing twenty questions.

"favorite book go," lily asked peter.

"um, i'm not really sure, you?" he replied.

"really? oh my gosh i cant decide. i love all of john greens books. i don't know, maybe looking for alaska was my favorite," lily answered. "but i have been wanting to get influence by lilia and sara. it sounds so good."

(a/n: i got influence the other day! i am so happyyyyy)

"favorite movie," peter said after lily finished.

"the map of tiny perfect things, wait or any disney movie, preferably beauty and the beast, yours go," lily answered.

"star wars," peter replied with a straight face. lily burst out in laughter. "what? you said any disney movie," peter poured.

"no it's not that, i feel like most people our age would be like 'oh my gosh i love this movie blah blah blah' and the movie is like scary or so inappropriate. where me and you still love kids movies," lily explained.

"yeah, i get that," peter nodded. "your turn."

"wait we should watch star wars, i mean i didn't really like it at first but i could try it again," lily shurgged.

"you didn't like it? well we don't have to," peter shook his head.

"no i want to for you," lily added on.

before peter could answer, the waitress came back and peter gave her a few dollar bills.

"thank you so much peter, tonight has been amazing," lily smiled looking into peters eyes.

"yeah of course, tonight really has been amazing," peter agreed.

the waitress came back with the receipt, "you two are just the cutest things," she complemented. " i hope you both have a wonderful night," she waved as they walked out of the store.

once they got home peter and lily said goodnight to tony, after tony have peter the talk about staying over.
lily rolled her eyes the whole time.

they both sat down on the bed and were talking about whether or not to watch star wars.

"peter just let's watch it!" lily whined.

"but you said you didn't like it the first time, i don't want to force you to like it," peter shrugged

"no it's fine, i want to watch it because you like it, and i want you to be happy," lily took the remote from his hand and turned on star wars

(a/n: hehe yall will see this in a future chapter wink wonk)

after the first movie lily fell asleep, peter looked over at the clock, slightly shaking lily to wake up.

"lily, lily," he softly shook her.

"hmm," she asked.

"happy birthday lilybug," he smiled.

she opened her eyes a bit to look at the clock. "happy birthday to meee," she quietly sang in a sleepy tone.

"goodnight," peter pulled the blankets up to his chest.

"goodnight favorite," she replied using her nickname for him, and hugged him while they both fell asleep.

kk speaks!
so my last kk speaks, spoke to soon because i finished! and it's midnight and i have school, so goodnight everyone (even though i probably will post this in the morning) i love you all mwah!

published: 2-22-21
edited:
word count: 961