thirty. threat

"what's happening?" lily asked her dad once she entered his lab

"seems we're getting hacked.. i don't know i'm trying to figure it all out," tony explained typing a bunch of words into his computer.

"attention tony stark, pepper potts, and lily stark. one of you will turn yourselves in, or we will reveal the true identities of each avenger, you have 24 hours to make your decision. after the timer is up the video will be released and then the people will truly know, who you all are," the hooded man spoke and then the broadcast ended.

"what now? what are we gonna do?" lily asked.

"nothing. right now you go get some sleep, we all just need sleep. we'll figure this out in the morning. i need a break!" he said pushing things off the tables out of stress.

"dad, it's okay it's okay i promise," lily ran to his aid and hugged him.

"i know.. just go to sleep, call peter if you want just get some rest," he spoke when he calmed down.

"okay, i love you goodnight," lily gave him a small smile and tony kissed her on the head.

once she got to her room she immediately called peter, "lily? what happened, what's wrong?"

"peter.. somethings happened. we just got a threat and i don't want to be alone right now, can you please get here? my dad said it was fine," lily rushed.

"yes yeah okay. i'll tell aunt may, i'll be right there," he agreed and hung up.

lily played with her fingers trying to calm down while waiting for peter. 10 minutes later there was a knock at her window and she glanced up. she saw peters mask through the window and ran to open it. once she did she engulfed him in a hug, almost knocking them both out the window.

"woah, easy now," peter giggled.

"oh sorry here come king," lily helped him inside and closed the window behind him.

she once again hugged him and they stood there for awhile. "thank you, for being here," she whispered into his chest.

"of course," he answered playing with her hair. she pulled away from the hug and pulled his mask off to give him a peck on the lips.

"i have some extra clothes here, for you when you came over last. you have sweats and a shirt.. maybe a hoodie? yeah here," she said handing a pile of clothes she had set in her closet.

peter walked into the bathroom to get changed and came out with a sweatshirt and a shirt that said "can you find x?" and the x was circled in red.

"i love your cute nerdy science pun shirts," she smiled at what he was wearing.

"and i love you're very very messy room," he smiled back.

"hey i know it's messy no hate," she laughed and patted the spot next to her on the bed.

he laid down and they both looked at her ceiling.

"i'm so scared peter," lily broke the silence.

"there's not need to be, i'm right here," he answered pulling her closer.

"thank you again, i'm sleepy goodnight," she smiled and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and closed her eyes.

"goodnight lily bug" peter whispered before falling asleep too.

there was no need for lily to be scared anymore, she knew what she had to do. to protect everyone. that fear was now replaced with bravery and rage.

kk speaks!
hey y'all... uh you're gonna hate the next three chapters BUT i promise the last one is good

published: 3-1-21
edited:
word count: 609